Tales of the Brass Bottle Opener

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ah Uncle Rick,

Yeah, you used to live in our wonderful land of beer didn't you? I agree about the Duvel. But it's not for the faint hearted, that's for sure. And Mort Subite... there's a reason why it's called "sudden death".

But do try to get hold of some Orval. Those monks really know what there doing all right.

In about four months' time, this year's batch of Lambic will be ready for the tasting...

Yeah, you used to live in our wonderful land of beer didn't you? I agree about the Duvel. But it's not for the faint hearted, that's for sure. And Mort Subite... there's a reason why it's called "sudden death".

Uh, I think "mort subite" means "subtle death." :wink:

Anyway, Tom S, I LOVED the story. I was a treat to real a tale by a true raconteur.

love2godeep:
Uh, I think "mort subite" means "subtle death." :wink:

Ah non, ma chère! Cela veut dire "sudden death".

Or in English:

Nope, literally "sudden death". There's nothing subtle about the beer anyway...

FatCat:
Ah non, ma chère! Cela veut dire "sudden death".
Or in English:
Nope, literally "sudden death". There's nothing subtle about the beer anyway...
Or, as my friend Bruno de Wouters from Dinant translated it for me, "Beer that will kill you immendiately." I found it quite tasty, especially with moules.
Rick :)

What fun to read your creations! You have really captured the voice and tone of these characters......can't wait for more....mermaid23

I would like a whole book of these. Photos and illustrations NOT included. Your descriptions are marvelous. Maybe hand drawn maps........more, more. I promise to go to bed Uncle Tommy if you tell me another one!!!!!

So basically what you said was....

1) A large billy goat ate some wetsuits and farted.
2) Seas were rough going in and coming back so you guys just stayed out at sea.
3) Cook was good.
4) Horny military men were near by.
5) Went on a night dive without notifying anyone.
6) Almost didnt make it back to the boat because of #5.
7) Someones bladder needed releasing so you made it back to the boat.
8) You and your buddy have good air consumption.

:)

I am going to bump this because Tom's stories were so much a part of my deciding the stop and join SB when I read them in 2005!
Now, in 2018 I think we need to learn to just chill a bit, and enjoy where we are, and NOT turn every little difference into a major conflict.
Tom's one story about having to stop every hour is so, to drain off excess pressure in the tank has had me chuckling when folks begin comparing SAC rates for the last 12 years or so.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom