Talc vs KY

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Try sunlight soap. I have really thick rubber seals on a viking suit and use the sunlight when they just won't com off and I am alone. You may try getting your buddy to help. If you stretch it out in a triangle then alomost any seal will come off...In my experience at least.

large_diver:
So Jeff, how do you use KY to help you get OUT of your seals?

Another old thread resurfaced :)

Since my last post on this thread, I've had my seals replaced and the new seals are much thinner than the stock BARE seals, and I can remove them without any issue.

However, when I had the thicker seals, I would put a little KY on a finger and run it around my wrist under the seal, twisting the seal on my wrist back and forth until it moved freely. Then it was easy to pop my hand out of the seal without it sticking on my wrist and stretching.

The biggest problem I have is definitely getting out of my wrist seals. Even if I put talc on before the dive I have to fight to get my wrists out.

Are you guys sure KY won't harm the seals?

Have you tried KY compatible jelly, such as Target brand lubricant jelly? It looks they use the same ingredients.

Is there any difference? Just curious....

No difference between the KY and the off brands. I use the Wal-mart brand myself (Equate). Works just like the real thing.

Back
Top Bottom