Taking a dip at TL 9/26

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We'll be there but I gotta warn ya.....the viz is really bad. I'm talking about 2-3 ft! Even on the north side away from the platforms. But it IS wet!

Dee:
We'll be there but I gotta warn ya.....the viz is really bad. I'm talking about 2-3 ft! Even on the north side away from the platforms. But it IS wet!
2-3 feet, what are those people doing down there, getting ready to plant the fall crop. :06: :06: where is that darn rototiller smilie when you need one.
obtw. tell beast that we got new bcd's, brenda got a zeagle zena and i got dive rite plate and a abyss wing to get sorted out this weekend.
obtw2 how many days now.

Dee,
Did you dive this Tuesday? Thought vis might have improved a little since last Sunday. Still 2-3 ft and wet is better than sitting around the house!

ebj:
Dee,
Did you dive this Tuesday? Thought vis might have improved a little since last Sunday. Still 2-3 ft and wet is better than sitting around the house!

No, Steve went by the lake Tues. morning and there were whitecaps on the lake so we figured the vis would be even worse. When we went last Tues., we thought the same thing...that things would have settled since Sun but if anything, they were worse.

I'm thinking we'll just stay home and clean out the garage or something! 2-3ft was the best, most of the time it was touchy-feely just to find the bottom.

Kenny....only 232 more days! :D

NDH - did you make it to TL today? I thought about it, but when Dee mentioned the vis was so bad, I thought about all the stuff I needed to do around the house.
Won't be able to make it the next two weekends as Sunday the wife and I leave for a 7 day cruise out of Galveston. Was susposed to go to Cayman as one of the stops and I was going to dive. There won't be any ships stop there for a while and the cruise line has not announced where we will be going instead.
Catch the group sometime in the future - but I will will be thinking about the cool clear water of TL while basking in the sun in the Caribbean - LOL. :D

You all didn't miss much staying at home today. Vis was just as bad as last Sunday. Even tried old roadbed following it to north shoreline and water never cleared. Maybe better in a week or so?

eeg0323:
NDH - did you make it to TL today? I thought about it, but when Dee mentioned the vis was so bad, I thought about all the stuff I needed to do around the house.
Won't be able to make it the next two weekends as Sunday the wife and I leave for a 7 day cruise out of Galveston. Was susposed to go to Cayman as one of the stops and I was going to dive. There won't be any ships stop there for a while and the cruise line has not announced where we will be going instead.
Catch the group sometime in the future - but I will will be thinking about the cool clear water of TL while basking in the sun in the Caribbean - LOL. :D
what cruise line are you using? we are going out of galiveston on royal caribbean oct 17 and was also supposed to go to caymen but it looks like we are probably headed for costa maya instead before cozumel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom