T&C Dive operations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

forgeahead

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
:crafty:I have heard some questionable experiences about Beaches diving. Specifically, many say that the boats are rather crowded. We are going there as a family in April (a busy week). Does anybody have recommendations for other dive operations on Provo? What thickness wet suit should I bring?
TIA.

Ray

I just got back from my third trip to Beaches T & C can't can't say a bad thing about the dive experience I have had down there. The boats can be a little crowded but most of the operators down there dive similarly sized boats. The maximum number of people diving your grouping will be 8 along with the dive guide. The majority of my diving at home is on a 6 passenger dive boat, but Beaches runs an orderly operation. I think in my 30 days of diving with them I have experienced a crowded boat about 5 times. Most of time there is ample room to spread out and enjoy. The other notable dive operations on the island are Dive Provo Scuba diving Caribbean - Providenciales beaches Turks and Caicos scuba diving trips packages and Provo Turtle Divers Provo Turtle Divers - Home Page. Tell everyone at the Beaches dive shack Big John says Hi, especially Claudia and Kadre.

Thanks John. Check your PM.
Ray

We just got back from TCI and diving with Caicos Adventures (a recommendation I got here from SB). I can't say enough good things about the guys at CA. The boat was full for 2 of the 3 days we dove but it wasn't over-crowded. We fell in love with Fifi from the start and our DM, Chris, was an amazing guide and we had a great time with them.

If (when) the wife and I go back to TCI, I have no doubt we'll go with CA again unless were not on Provo.

lets have a trip report when you get back. I am going in July for the first time. would love to hear how it was.

I have been to T&C numerous times and have used Provo Turtle Divers and Dive Provo. Both are great. I would dive with either of them. Provo Turtle Divers is at the Turtle Cove marina which is closer to Beaches than Dive Provo. Dive Provo is located in Grace Bay

I've used both dive Provo and flamingo divers. Both were great, but between the two I preferred the smaller op with flamingo

We just got back from TCI and diving with Caicos Adventures (a recommendation I got here from SB). I can't say enough good things about the guys at CA. The boat was full for 2 of the 3 days we dove but it wasn't over-crowded. We fell in love with Fifi from the start and our DM, Chris, was an amazing guide and we had a great time with them.

If (when) the wife and I go back to TCI, I have no doubt we'll go with CA again unless were not on Provo.

I can vouch for Caicos Adventures. Great boat, great crew, best sites off West Caicos and French Cay. The 3 tank dive on Thursday is the best. Very good land-based operator, only way you could do better is on the Aggressor or the Explorer.

Good diving, Craig

Caicos Adventures is a great operation, I've used them several times. I would say diving with Fifi or on his boats is a nice experience. It's about a half hour ride to west Caicos, but the ride is really nice and the diving is soooo worth it. Usually seen on dives are : sharks, turtles, and rays along with the reef usualls. Once in awhile you might get dolphins or depending on the time of year, whales. THe reef is in good shape, you don't have quite the color of sponges that you have in the Caymans, but still very good. So far this is my second choice for reef diving in the Caribbean and the top beach site as Grace Bay is a beautiful beach. Here's a few pics:
File0263.jpg

The beach:
Image009.jpg
File0265.jpg
File0051.jpg
Image056.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom