Switching to SM - which regs??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Get the xDeep Tec and you can use Al's or steel's without issue.

As for regs, swivel and 5th port will work best for hose routing. Typically 5th port is for inflation and drysuit, swivel turret is for movement of hoses.

Totally agree both tanks should be learned. When it comes to money though, you can get Als use for cheap and from any shop, steels are harder to find so that’s where I’d put my money. If your traveling odds are mostly Al’s (Red Sea is amazing by the way) so being familiar with both is certainly the objective. Your more than welcome to try anything I have here if you ever come over to the island.

I’m pretty dead set on al80 to start mainly so hopefully I can get enough dives to be proficient by Egypt.
Steels possibly later on.
Hell I might not care for it either and if that’s the case I’ll backmount double my 117s
Although I have a hard time seeing myself not prefer SM. Time will tell.
Thanks for advice and offer!!
I’ve only been to the island a handful of times in my life but would like to get there more the diving is much better!

Anytime, enjoy the course and trip, feel free to pm me if you have any questions.

Went up to Vancouver and dove with a shop there for some SM instruction on the Stealth. Dove instructional open water with M100s (way too heavy!), and swapped over to standard HP 100's. Also swapped over to AL80s in Seattle, just add some extra weight - they seem to dive nice here. In addition to maxing out the 4-pocket spine on the Stealth, I also add a weight belt with a little extra. As mentioned, there's just not a lot of extra room for additional weight.

I recently have made the step into sidemount and I’m loving it .

I purchased the xdeep stealth classic , I am very pleased with it ! When diving dry I have to load the spine pocket and I have some lead just threaded around my waist on the harness.. Currently I’m using Al80 just because I already own them and I travel frequently so I figured I’d start there .

As far as regs my initial choice was going to be the Deep 6 signature series , but I couldn’t get my order completed in time so I purchased the Dive Rite set up from Dgx and I am very pleased .

Back
Top Bottom