Swap Smurfs for Neoprene Dry Gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

igotag!

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Is there a place I can get a pair of neoprene dry gloves to swap onto a Diving Concepts ring system???

Northwest Sport Divers (NWSD Dive Center - 425-487-0624) in Kenmore, just north of Seattle, has them, almost always in stock. Your profile says "PNW", so I assume that's reasonably close.

Otherwise, you can find them online. They're "Deep See Dry Comfort Gloves". See here: Deep See: Part of the Aqua Lung Family of Brands If you search around online,
you can find them in the $30-$40 range.

Stay away from the Diving Concepts neoprene gloves...heavy, bulky, no dexterity, and they fail often at the seams, which is why I went to smurf gloves in the first place. The Deep See gloves, on the other hand, are much more form fitting, very warm, and seem very rugged. Much happier, and a lot sturdier than the smurfs I was using.

How would using the dry comfort gloves compare to using a standard wet glove like my 7mil henderson gold core? I'm using smurfs now, but am thinking about moving back to my wet gloves when the water temps get above 50deg.

Is there any other neoprene glove (except the DC) that one can actually mount on the DC rings to use as a traditional dryglove?

XS Scubab makes a dry 5mm neo glove as well :wink: Used it all weekend in 42-47 degree water(depended on depth) and was absolutely warm and comfortable...they are made with a pyrostretch(extremely stretchy) neoprene so dexterity is superb.
link:
Dive Right In Scuba

No matter what glove you get, when putting them off and on, make sure to grab both pieces of material. If you just grab the neo that sticks out further and keeps dry, you will rip it at the seems...just make sure you always grab both pieces and you will have no issues

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom