Swampers DIVE CAMP Weekend anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SwampBanner.jpg

Just want to clarify the Windy Point Park fees for diving during the Swamper Campout Dive weekend.

If you are camping out for the entire weekend, Friday through Sunday, the total cost is $45.
If you are coming out for Saturday only, no camping, cost is $15 until 3:00 when entry fee is reduced to $8.
If you are camping out Saturday evening, add $10 for camping and $15 for Sunday to the entry fee noted above. If you leave early Sunday, Richard refunds the Sunday fee when you depart.

TEXAS SWAMP DIVER SPECIAL - $5 air fills when you present your Texas Swamp Diver card. You will receive your card when you arrive at the Swamper camping area. See Shawn or Jennifer to receive your card.

Lake Travis Scuba charter fees:
Friday Sunset charter - $25 (we may make this a two tank special if divers are interested)
Saturday AM/PM - $35 (includes Swamper discount)
Saturday Sunset chater - $25 (we may make this a two tank special if divers are interested)
Sunday AM/PM - $35 (includes Swamper discount)

The shuttle will be available to take you and your gear from your car to the camp area. Cost is $2 one way or $5 all day. You can also use the shuttle to move tanks to the air fill station.

Weather reports are looking favorable for the weekend. Lake temps are rising and visibility is looking good. We are going to have a fun weekend.

Robert
Lake Travis Scuba
Welcome to Lake Travis Scuba
512-784-5980

Just want to clarify the Windy Point Park fees for diving during the Swamper Campout Dive weekend.

If you are camping out for the entire weekend, Friday through Sunday, the total cost is $45.
If you are coming out for Saturday only, no camping, cost is $15 until 3:00 when entry fee is reduced to $8.
If you are camping out Saturday evening, add $10 for camping and $15 for Sunday to the entry fee noted above. If you leave early Sunday, Richard refunds the Sunday fee when you depart.

TEXAS SWAMP DIVER SPECIAL - $5 air fills when you present your Texas Swamp Diver card. You will receive your card when you arrive at the Swamper camping area. See Shawn or Jennifer to receive your card.

Lake Travis Scuba charter fees:
Friday Sunset charter - $25 (we may make this a two tank special if divers are interested)
Saturday AM/PM - $35 (includes Swamper discount)
Saturday Sunset chater - $25 (we may make this a two tank special if divers are interested)
Sunday AM/PM - $35 (includes Swamper discount)

The shuttle will be available to take you and your gear from your car to the camp area. Cost is $2 one way or $5 all day. You can also use the shuttle to move tanks to the air fill station.

Weather reports are looking favorable for the weekend. Lake temps are rising and visibility is looking good. We are going to have a fun weekend.

Robert
Lake Travis Scuba
Welcome to Lake Travis Scuba
512-784-5980

My cell phone is 512-538-7019 or ask around the banner camping area if I'm not underwater blowing bubbles. :admingreet:

*******UPDATE******* - A space just opened for Saturday AM dive. Send a reservation request to dive in the morning. http://www.laketravisscuba.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sunday afternoon is wide open. A few spaces remain for the Friday & Saturday evening charter.

Friday night charter will be interesting with Timeliner and Scubashawn123! Come out, it should prove to be a experience not to be missed.

Last edited:
I know that if I looked back over the previous dozen pages or so, I could probably find this, but there's always the chance that things could have changed, so here are the questions.

I'll be arriving sometime Saturday morning (Austin is a pretty long ways from my doorstep), but I'm planning on camping. 1) Is there room in the (camping) inn where I can throw down my tent, or have I waited too long to throw my hat in that ring? 2) What can I bring that would be of assistance (I'm an old Scoutmaster, so I do have a few cooking utensils, Coleman stove, lantern, pop-up canopy, etc...), and do we have a community menu planned for Saturday evening/Sunday morning to which I could contribute? 3) I'm coming solo, so I'll be looking for a buddy or team to join up with. I know there will be no shortage of divers, but I thought I'd check in advance. I'm not signing up for any of the boat trips, because my plans might have to be a little "fluid" (no pun intended...well, maybe just a little bit), because I may have to cut out early...a friend of mine is in Breckenridge Hospital down there, and I'm going to make a visit when she can accept visitors, and I don't know right now when that will be. Therefore, looks like I'll be stuck shore diving and would like to hook up with others who are doing the same.

Okay, thanks for taking a look at the "laundry list" of questions. Any info that can be provided is greatly appreciated. Sounds like a great weekend!

Bill I'd say to just bring what ever the heck you want to bring.
I've never seen it where a person could not find a place to camp there.
No doubt there will be plenty of folks to " Get Fluid " with and do shore dives.
Usually a collection is taken up on Saturday and then it's off to the store for goodies to make that night's feast and Sunday breakfast.

Just make sure you have what you need to dive and I think you'll be set Dude :D

I know that if I looked back over the previous dozen pages or so, I could probably find this, but there's always the chance that things could have changed, so here are the questions.

I'll be arriving sometime Saturday morning (Austin is a pretty long ways from my doorstep), but I'm planning on camping. 1) Is there room in the (camping) inn where I can throw down my tent, or have I waited too long to throw my hat in that ring? 2) What can I bring that would be of assistance (I'm an old Scoutmaster, so I do have a few cooking utensils, Coleman stove, lantern, pop-up canopy, etc...), and do we have a community menu planned for Saturday evening/Sunday morning to which I could contribute? 3) I'm coming solo, so I'll be looking for a buddy or team to join up with. I know there will be no shortage of divers, but I thought I'd check in advance. I'm not signing up for any of the boat trips, because my plans might have to be a little "fluid" (no pun intended...well, maybe just a little bit), because I may have to cut out early...a friend of mine is in Breckenridge Hospital down there, and I'm going to make a visit when she can accept visitors, and I don't know right now when that will be. Therefore, looks like I'll be stuck shore diving and would like to hook up with others who are doing the same.

Okay, thanks for taking a look at the "laundry list" of questions. Any info that can be provided is greatly appreciated. Sounds like a great weekend!

Back
Top Bottom