Swampers DIVE CAMP Weekend anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know that if I looked back over the previous dozen pages or so, I could probably find this, but there's always the chance that things could have changed, so here are the questions.

I'll be arriving sometime Saturday morning (Austin is a pretty long ways from my doorstep), but I'm planning on camping. 1) Is there room in the (camping) inn where I can throw down my tent, or have I waited too long to throw my hat in that ring? 2) What can I bring that would be of assistance (I'm an old Scoutmaster, so I do have a few cooking utensils, Coleman stove, lantern, pop-up canopy, etc...), and do we have a community menu planned for Saturday evening/Sunday morning to which I could contribute? 3) I'm coming solo, so I'll be looking for a buddy or team to join up with. I know there will be no shortage of divers, but I thought I'd check in advance. I'm not signing up for any of the boat trips, because my plans might have to be a little "fluid" (no pun intended...well, maybe just a little bit), because I may have to cut out early...a friend of mine is in Breckenridge Hospital down there, and I'm going to make a visit when she can accept visitors, and I don't know right now when that will be. Therefore, looks like I'll be stuck shore diving and would like to hook up with others who are doing the same.

Okay, thanks for taking a look at the "laundry list" of questions. Any info that can be provided is greatly appreciated. Sounds like a great weekend!

1. Its never too late, I will carve out a place next to my tent so that you have a place to throw down your tent. How big is it anyway?

2. Bring all the above it will come in handy for the weekend.

3. Water is coming up over the cliff. Wading to the stairs makes for a quick and easy shore dive entry. Will work out fine, since all of us will be diving all weekend. Will get buddies on location after you arrive Saturday.

Glad to see you again and dive together. Be safe and see you SAturday.

:coffee:

I'll bring one - if only a door on sawhorses. If there's a shortage of tables, call me and I'll bring others.

K-valve & I will provide two 7 foot tables :cool2:

I know that if I looked back over the previous dozen pages or so, I could probably find this, but there's always the chance that things could have changed, so here are the questions.

I'll be arriving sometime Saturday morning (Austin is a pretty long ways from my doorstep), but I'm planning on camping. 1) Is there room in the (camping) inn where I can throw down my tent, or have I waited too long to throw my hat in that ring? 2) What can I bring that would be of assistance (I'm an old Scoutmaster, so I do have a few cooking utensils, Coleman stove, lantern, pop-up canopy, etc...), and do we have a community menu planned for Saturday evening/Sunday morning to which I could contribute? 3) I'm coming solo, so I'll be looking for a buddy or team to join up with. I know there will be no shortage of divers, but I thought I'd check in advance. I'm not signing up for any of the boat trips, because my plans might have to be a little "fluid" (no pun intended...well, maybe just a little bit), because I may have to cut out early...a friend of mine is in Breckenridge Hospital down there, and I'm going to make a visit when she can accept visitors, and I don't know right now when that will be. Therefore, looks like I'll be stuck shore diving and would like to hook up with others who are doing the same.

Okay, thanks for taking a look at the "laundry list" of questions. Any info that can be provided is greatly appreciated. Sounds like a great weekend!

a pop up canopy would probably be helpful, in case the weather is spitting and we need a place to try gear. i'm going to set up a sturdy clothesline between two of the trees near the north-west corner of the park. probably can hold 4-5 soaking wetsuits to dry overnight.

If you set your preferences to include 40 posts rather than 10 per page, you'll cut that down to 3 or 4 pages rather than 12. All the extra time you save not having to go to a new page can be spent diving. :)

Looking forward to seeing you again!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom