Suunto Zoop alams not beeping..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pawlu

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just purchased a zoop and used it over the weekend for the first time, read manual and took DCT course... Set a dive time alarm to 45 min but i heard nothing at 46 min, also on importing my logs and looking at the DP i apparently exceeded my save ascent rate, (this was a 34 foot drift dive), yet again no beeps or alarms. I was wearing a full hood which muffled sound but still i should have heard something. Anybody experienced this issue before, contacted suunto but have not heard back yet.

do you hear any beeps at all? even on land it should beep when its been idle for a few minutes and switches to clock mode

one test you could try would be to make a short alarm for 2 minutes, and dunk the zoop in a deep barrel & see if it sounds the alarm. to be honest i have never exceeded the alarm limits on mine so i dont know what the alarm sounds like.

also check that you have the alarm set symbol (its shown in the manual) showing

When depth or time is reached the Zoop will beep for 24 seconds or until a button is pushed. Is it possible you were not paying attention to it until after the 24 seconds had passed?

The only beep i have heard so far is the initial self diagnostic and when it switches to time mode after some activity. I was actually paying close attention to the time and did not hear anything as for the ascent i admit i did not watch the computer simply because we were ascending together as a trio of divers and reeling up an smb.

start up beep and the

---------- Post added July 15th, 2014 at 05:34 PM ----------

Evad good one !! Lol... "ballastbelly" will try setting it again when i get home and check for the alarm set symbol.

---------- Post added July 16th, 2014 at 09:51 AM ----------

Ok so I do see the little icon on the bottom right of the screen that I had not noticed before indicating that an alarm has been set. I will give it another try on my next dive, could I possibly not have heard it, I have good hearing and cannot imagine my hood would have muffled the sound completely.

Back
Top Bottom