Suunto Vyper?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Otter:
Actually we just finished two weeks in Yap and Palua -- nearly 40 dives. Typically dives were 50-60 mins avg depth 65-80fsw with surface intevals of 1.5 hrs between dives....did 5 dives on 32% and only once came close to NDLs....at 20 mins into a wreck dive at 80 fsw on the last day (after hitting our MOD). No problems....with getting 5 dives a day in several days in a row....although one of our group did have a tendency to go into a brief deco (but he does that 'regularly' even on non-liveaboards).
I think that, as Diver Brian mentioned earlier, Vypers want you to give them at least an hour topside in between dives. The hour and a half you guys took probablt accounted for the difference. I think the couple is coming back out the weekend after next. We'll do some testing and I'll post what we learn.

Scubakevdm:
So this couple was diving with us over the weekend, four dives Saturday and two on Sunday. They were both diving 36 mixes at max depths of about 65 ft on each dive for about one hour each dive with about 45 minute interval between dives 1 and 2, about a two and a half hour interval between dives 2 and 3, 45 minutes until dive four, like sixteen hours between 4 and 5 then after a 35 minute interval between dives 5 and six we checked available bottom time at 60' on their computer's planner... 34 minutes for him, 36 minutes for her. Whoa. They had Suunto Vypers, which I know are conservative... but that seemed really really conservative. I dove with them every dive my computer was giving me 74 minutes, the other guy we were diving with didn't do dives 3 and 4, he had 82 minutes. From what I see both on the boat and on the board they seem to be reasonably popular, so maybe there's something about them that I'm missing.

Was in Boyntan little over a week ago. First dive on the outer side with max depth of about 80ft, and second dive down by Del Rey on the inner side max depth abt 70ft. Using 36% on both dives, at end of second dive (SI less than 60min) Viper was in deco, and my Aires II had 40+ min of no deco time.

This has been my regular experience diving with these two computers.
Viper is overly conservative IMHO.

Someone else posted that they thought the program for Suunto were being written for the lawyers. I agree.

Was the attention symbol on when you went back in the water?

If it was, that's why you got penalized.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom