Suunto Vyper Air Broken Wrist Boot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello,

My wrist boot and strap just recently broke after years of use and I am planning to use a NATO strap as a replacement. Will it still be okay to dive my computer without the wrist boot? Ordering a wrist boot replacement here in the Philippines will take weeks to a month to arrive.

Cheers

Have you considered a DSS bungee mount? I use them and recommend them:

https://www.deepseasupply.com/index.php?product=48

I'd contact them direct though as I'm not sure if it will work with the Vyper Air. I'm not sure how different the dimensions are from the non air vypers. I'm going to guess you'd be fine though.

---------- Post added September 18th, 2015 at 01:19 AM ----------

Sorry, didn't read DSS description properly, it does list the Air as being compatible. That being the case, pun unintended, I'd order one for sure. Their postage is very reasonable.

You could also use the official Suunto boot. It has the advantage of having the rubber button-flaps, which make the computer a lot more usable with gloves on.

have you checked with aquaventure whitetip? i think they are the local authorized distributor of suunto dive computers here. they may have what you need.

are the metal push pins still good? If you need to use it soon and no replacement parts are available, you can simply thread two loops of bungee cords under the metal push pins and use those instead. This is what i use with my Vyper air as it is more convenient to put on vs the original straps.

Vyper Air-223902.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom