Suunto v other brands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coralcruiser

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Am waiting to find out if my gekko is dead or can be brought back to life. I have used a suunto computer since 1989 but they're a heck of a lot more to chose from now then when I bought my first one back then.

I just spent $$ on a new bp/w system and was really hoping not to buy a new computer just yet... actually was going to get one next year and use the gekko as a backup. If I did that I would have bought another suunto to match how they compute the dive.

Sooo... if I do have to get one now am looking for recommendations as to buying a different brand or sticking with a suunto. Since my funds are somewhat limited now I don't think I can make the switch to a transmitter (unless one of you has a phenomenal deal to offer).

Let's keep the suggestions to either a puck type since I have a spg and boot or to an ai with a quick disconnect option.

Here's hoping I do get good news this week and my gekko comes back to life.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom