Suunto Misquito/Genesis React

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

martinjc

Contributor
Reaction score
To ensure some redundnacy under water, I am thinking about purchasing a dual console with SPG and Depth guage (with temp) and wearing a non-integrated computer on my wrist. I already have a compass w/boot on a retractable clip attached to my BC. I tried one of the larger consoles (computer, SPG and compass all in one) and it just seemed to bulky - plus I'm new so I am checking my compass a lot - and I am comfortable with the placement.

I was leaning toward a Genesis React computer - but at Dive Inn it looks like I can get the Suunto Misquito for less. What do you guys think of this set-up? Which computer would you prefer?

I am new also, and have the mosquito and like it quite a bit, though have not used any of the others. I have the mos on right wrist, compass on left wrist, single spg on left hip clip. I am going to get a standalone analog depth and just keep in in a pocket for redundancy also. I mainly use the computer for ease of use but have analog to back me up and in case the comp fails on a trip I am still fine. Your setup sounds fine to me, comfort is a biggy as the stuff is easier to use. I like the mosquito as it is easy to read and has all of the basic functions I want. I tend to stick with the tables though and do not rely on the computer for deco info. I like the pc interface also and use that for my logs.

Tommy

Thanks Tommy!!

I just ordered the Mosquito from Dive Inn (along with an Apex TX 50/TX 40 octo reg). I'll let you kno whow it goes. I think I will order the 2 guage (SPG/Depth with temp) Genesis console from Leisure Pro as my back-up (they seem to have the best price).

-Jim

That's the same reg setup I have also. I got the regs from lds though. If buying them again I would look at diveinn more, since I did not see much that the lds did in terms of mechanics, now I did quiz them for hours about my initial purchases, and do feel I got my money's worth. I got my mossy from Simply Scuba, bout the same price but they do not give as good of service and it took 2-3 weeks to get here, and cost more in shipping. I got the pc interface from diveinn and their email support was great and it was at my house in 4 days as stated. If you do get the pc interface it does not connect very well, and has no instructions that are very good. You kind of have to hold it together, but it does work. Let me know if you have problems.

Tommy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom