Suunto/Mac compatibility issue?...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I looked from the web site like you'd then have to buy both, the desktop and and the iOS separately. Correct?

Yeah, they are two different programs. But I really like supporting this guy. He is amazing in terms of tech support. I emailed him on Sunday night, he wrote back in 10 minutes and fixed my problem. $25 for desktop, $10 for phone. Totally worth it...

Another vote for MacDive on the iPhone. It’s a couple orders of magnitude better than Suunto’s iPhone app.

I don’t have a Mac so can’t comment on the desktop version.

+1 for DiveLog and DiveLog DT from “more mobile software.” Very good about updating and adding features to the app and responding to questions. I download dives from my Suunto Cobra to my Macbook Pro (Dive Log DT) and then sync to my phone (Dive Log.) Bluetooth makes it a pretty easy process. Think the DL DT is $24.99 and the mobile version DL is $12.99 although I was pretty sure I got it free several years back - maybe not. Lots of great features - I like that they added a “marine life” library feature where you can add pics - I have added pics I took - and info about something you saw on a dive.

Yeah, they are two different programs. But I really like supporting this guy. He is amazing in terms of tech support. I emailed him on Sunday night, he wrote back in 10 minutes and fixed my problem. $25 for desktop, $10 for phone. Totally worth it...
Another vote for Nick and Mac-Dive. He was responding to tech support emails like we were instant messaging at an hour of the day you wouldn't expect an answer from anyone. I went to bed, responded to an email at 6am the next morning and he replied again! Nick has also sent me beta versions with specific fixes when my hardware wasn't the latest and greatest too. Mac-Dive is the real deal! I haven't used it with Suunto, but I've managed to convert an unsupported Scubapro product into a Mac-Dive log, and have since used my Shearwater Petrels to download direct. The Petrel 2 is capable of transferring directly to my iPhone and the iPhone and Desktop Apps sync to iCloud or Dropbox so your log is backed up too.

I agree that DM5 is not the best software, but some people need it to customize Suunto ION Steel/Core or D5. If you need to use DM5 on a Mac, I've found a solution:

1. Install DM5
2. Install an FTDI Chip Driver from Virtual COM Port Drivers

For Mac OS X 10.9 and above, choose version 2.4.2: https://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP/MacOSX/FTDIUSBSerialDriver_v2_4_2.dmg

For Mac OS X 10.3 to 10.8, choose version 2.2.18:
https://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP/MacOSX/FTDIUSBSerialDriver_v2_2_18.dmg

3. Restart your Mac and open DM5

Hope this helps!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom