Suunto/Mac compatibility issue?...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TruckDiver1981

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all, i have a Suunto D6i, and i have not tried recently to upload the data onto my mac. I have just tried, but it keeps coming up with this message

Suunto DM5 requires the Mono Framework version 3.12 or later

So i hit download, and it just goes to a 404 page not found tab.

I did also notice the last dive i did which is the first since getting my transmitter back from a recall that they did not talk to each other either

Any suggestions would be great

I think you will find if you do a search for DM5 threads here on SB, hardly anyone likes DM5. It is a terrible piece of software that most users have a very difficult time getting to work. I use Subsurface, which is free for both Mac and Windows, and has a free mobile app for both platforms. I highly recommend it.

Of course, there are other 3rd party apps and software that others use and are fine digital dive logs. But with the experience I as well as others have had with DM5, you would be best served to abandon it and go with something else.

As for your transmitter, you may have to pair your transmitter to your computer again if you haven't already done so. I've not heard of anyone else having a problem with communication between the transmitter and computer after the recall.

I use Subsurface, which is free for both Mac and Windows
... and Linux.
it was written for Linux initially (by Linus Torvalds himself btw), and ported to Mac and Windows later, because it is a great piece of software.

MacDive is also an awesome choice. The developer is terrific, very responsive to requests for new features and upgrades. Syncs easily with the phone version as well.

Will echo other comments that I've had much better luck with MacDive than other solutions (including Subsurface). Just works, as it should. Bought it straight away.

Are there any substantial differences between the MacDive desktop edition and the mobile edition that would make one more useful than the other?

Much easier to enter data on a laptop than on a phone, if you are writing a lot of comments, doing a lot of gear groups, etc... I think that also there are some fields on the desktop client that aren't synced. What I do is maintain my logs on my laptop, and then sync to the phone so that I have all of that information with me at all times - just an easier workflow. But I suppose you could also just use the phone version, if you are used to working that way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom