Suunto Gekko - Dive Download ????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the Gekko and downloaded the Gekko2vyper program and got it to work with the Suunto SDM . I have the 2.3 version and I see Suunto has a 2.6 version. If I download the 2.6 full or 2.6 update will I have to do the gekko2vyper program all over again? Or since it is working, don't mess with it. Thx.

ktfjammer,

A newer Suunto DM should not affect the Gekko at all. The Gekko2Vyper program changed a bit in your Gekko to make it look like a Vyper and DM won't know the difference. Go ahead and do the DM update and report back what you think of it so that we all can see if it is worth updating ourselves.

From Suunto:
Suunto Dive Manager 2.6.0
- Support for Suunto D4
- New dive simulator
- Freedive daily history

hi is there anybody that has the download for the Suunto Gekko that enables the Gekko for downloading so it fool the SDM its a vyper please help bob

Bob,

Here is the download link for the Gekko2vyper program. Do not forget to download the driver for the cable. That will be on the Suunto website. Also on that site will be the SDM download.

http://home.gci.net/~liquidimagephoto/SuuntoTools/Gekko2vyper.zip

For the SDM
Suunto - Home then click on:
Diving
Products
Latest SDM version
Visit our download center to download the newest SDM version.
There will be the drivers for the cable and the SDM download.

I have used it and it works great.
Hope that helps

ktfjammer,

A newer Suunto DM should not affect the Gekko at all. The Gekko2Vyper program changed a bit in your Gekko to make it look like a Vyper and DM won't know the difference. Go ahead and do the DM update and report back what you think of it so that we all can see if it is worth updating ourselves.

From Suunto:
Suunto Dive Manager 2.6.0
- Support for Suunto D4
- New dive simulator
- Freedive daily history

I have the Gekko and downloaded the Gekko2vyper program and got it to work with the Suunto SDM . I have the 2.3 version and I see Suunto has a 2.6 version. If I download the 2.6 full or 2.6 update will I have to do the gekko2vyper program all over again? Or since it is working, don't mess with it. Thx.

Update...I just checked the version of SDM that I use at home and it is the most recent version that you have noted. It works fine, except that the dive simulator -F11- failed with a Windows error message about confluicting DLL addresses, something I need to download a windows update for. I have used the rest of the program without trouble and did not have to update my Gekko to use it.

Update...I just checked the version of SDM that I use at home and it is the most recent version that you have noted. It works fine, except that the dive simulator -F11- failed with a Windows error message about confluicting DLL addresses, something I need to download a windows update for. I have used the rest of the program without trouble and did not have to update my Gekko to use it.

Did you reboot your system after the install? I got a bunch of those until I rebooted, then they went away.

It still doesn't change the fact that SDM is... well... crap! :D

Did you reboot your system after the install? I got a bunch of those until I rebooted, then they went away.

It still doesn't change the fact that SDM is... well... crap! :D

The error I got is something that is recognized by Microsoft and occurs with a combination of Windows updates. Multiple Suunto programs are affeected as well as other programs. I've had this new version of SDM on my PC for some time now, through multiple reboots (months and months worth).

Here's the error that you get.

"The system DLL user32.dll was relocated in memory. The application will not run properly. The relocation occurred because the DLL C:\Windows\System32\Hhctrl.ocx occupied an address range reserved for Windows system DLLs. The vendor supplying the DLL should be contacted for a new DLL."

Read about the issue and get the procedure to correct it here:

Certain programs may not start, and you receive an error message on a computer that is running Windows XP Service Pack 2: "Illegal System DLL Relocation"

Cause of the problem

The Hhctrl.ocx file that is included in security update 928843 and the User32.dll file that is included in security update 925902 have conflicting base addresses. This problem occurs if a program loads the Hhctrl.ocx file before the program loads the User32.dll file. Microsoft has confirmed that this problem affects the following third-party applications...

I'm interested in the download for Sunnto Gekko but can't seem to follow your link. Has it moved? Would you please help me to find the download, thanks

There is no way of "adding/unlocking" a gauge mode on the gekko is there?

I don't believe so. You could try e-mailing the OP, but that would involve a major reprograming to the Gekko, rather than flipping an electronic switch.

Back
Top Bottom