Suunto Gekko - Dive Download ????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cool, anyone have a diy link to making a pc interface for the cobra?

EZHOOPS:
cool, anyone have a diy link to making a pc interface for the cobra?

PS- If you decide to DIY, please let us know how it turned out.

Hey-
I'm having some trouble getting this to work with my Gekko and Suunto USB cable. I downloaded the latest Suunto DM software, added the GtoV program, and then installed the USB driver. I plugged the USB cable into the computer (it is correctly recognized, and placed on COM Port 5), then plugged the other end to the Gekko (should the connectors connect so the bulk of the end crosses the computer back, or so that the bulk hangs to the side?; I've tried both with no success). I then open the DM software. I set the Gekkp to PC Set mode. I select Vyper as my model on the DM software and hit Next. After about 20 seconds it says Device Not Found. Any ideas about what I should try? Thanks.

could be a couple of things - first the cable goes across the back of the computer.

As long as the converter program works ( does not error out ) everything should be fine.

once the DC is connected run the converter with checkbox "To Vyper" selected. then run suunto's DM. The error message you are getting is a bad connection between the interface cable and the dive computer.

Hi All

Just having a go at this Gekko downloading and it's not working yet. A lot to troubleshoot but I thought I'd start with the procedure for running the conversion software. Am I correct in saying this is the right order to do things in:

1. Connect cable to COM1
2. Turn on Gekko, change to PC Set mode
3. Attach cable to Gekko
4. Start GtoV softare
5. Select COM1 and hit DO IT..
6. Start SDM and cross fingers

I'm getting a 'The Interface was not detected' on all COM ports and all Com Delays. Windows thinks my COM1 is working fine but I need to get an alternative device to check.

Plus I'm using a home made cable off E-Bay! (he's had very good feedback on other boards)

Any help or tips welcome.

dp_miller:
Am I correct in saying this is the right order to do things in:

1. Connect cable to COM1
2. Turn on Gekko, change to PC Set mode
3. Attach cable to Gekko
4. Start GtoV softare
5. Select COM1 and hit DO IT..
6. Start SDM and cross fingers

I'm getting a 'The Interface was not detected' on all COM ports and all Com Delays. Windows thinks my COM1 is working fine but I need to get an alternative device to check.

That's about it! The problem is the Suunto software usualy. As long as the GtoV program reports 'Success' Then it made the change and the interface is working.
If not check all connections, the cable to DC connection can be very picky.

One suggestion is to shutdown the GtoV program before running SDM. I can't remember if I close the CommPort after the change is made or at the close of the program :11: I'll check that and make a upgrade if needed!

Also Don't use the 'standard' method of starting the download ( LeftClick on the computer icon). RightClick inside window and select 'connect' from the popup menu.

Hi!
Thank you for the time and effort you put in this program.
I just got a USB cable from http://www.customidea.com/hr-usbdive1.php but can't seem to get GtoV up properly, I only
get a small window with a limited view - please help:confused:

SDM 2.3 won't start on my pc either, I get an error that looks like this;
Any suggestions would be appriciated

Regards Helge

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom