Suunto Gekko - Dive Download ????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

helsag:
Hi!
Thank you for the time and effort you put in this program.
I just got a USB cable from http://www.customidea.com/hr-usbdive1.php but can't seem to get GtoV up properly, I only
get a small window with a limited view - please help:confused:
SDM 2.3 won't start on my pc either, I get an error that looks like <deleted>
Any suggestions would be appriciated

Regards Helge

To fix G2V, run 'Regedit.exe' ( or it's XP equivalant ) and go to:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JConn\GekkoDownloader\ FormState
than modify the "Height" and/or "Width" to fit.
The defaults are: Height = 0f8 hex (248 dec), and Width = 130 hex (304 dec).

I can't help you with the SDM, but that error is a missing COM component of the database. I'd suggest dumping/reloading the SDM. Make sure you have the Complete version not the upgrade as well.

Thank you, CIBDiving
Tried this with no success:(
Today I tried with a different pc and it worked like a dream -
at least I know it's working so I guess I have to fix my
Win XP installation...
Looking forward to log those dives:D

shameless bump :)

I've been using this software now for a few months, LOVE IT! I've been quitely telling people around the LDS about this thread and software... For most of us "new" divers, why spend the extra cash on the "upgraded" computer (just for data download) when you can buy the Gekko, and get your data downloaded?

@ CIBDiving: Dude, you rule! I bought a Gekko and the CustomIdea USB cable, downloaded the various bits of software and got it all to work on the first try. If you ever visit the Netherlands to dive, I'll gladly pay for your tank fills :wink:

Atticus:
Too bad about no gauge mode - for use as a bottom timer that's pretty essential if you want to do multiple dives. Other than that what a rocking little computer! :)

If anyone is able to go a little further and get gauge mode working I'd be grateful if you'd let me know.

Just violate it on the first dive, after that it will give you depth time temp and in area where it usually gives NDL time it just says in big letters Er or Err

when I run the convert to vyper it tells me
The interface was not detected
whats wrong?
Thanks

JAMIE MCG:
when I run the convert to vyper it tells me
The interface was not detected
whats wrong?
Thanks

Not connected properly, WrongComm port selected, Computer not in - "PC SET" mode.

I only have two USB ports in front and have tried both, and the computer was in PC SET. It's telling me it "can't open com port" now.

Thanks

JAMIE MCG:
I only have two USB ports in front and have tried both, and the computer was in PC SET. I'll keep trying
Thanks

Then the trouble is in the connection, the stock suunto adapter is very picky about the cable to dive computer connection. Clean all contacts with a soft PENCIL eraser and try again; 'wiggleing' the adapter around can help too.

You didn't say what cable you're useing.
PM me and I'll help as much as I can.

Does your computer have any old-fashioned serial ports, and if it does, is anything connected to these? I assume also that you have the drivers loaded for the cable (sheesh... "drivers...for the cable"... what's the world coming to?), because if you don't, it obviously won't work. (For XP, it's just next-next-next all the way through, but for some of my computers, I have to load old-fashioned drivers.)

If you don't have the drivers loaded (you should see them in your "Device Manager" or similar listing), it won't work, and if you have something on a conflicting serial port (COM1/3, COM2/4), that can stop it from working, too. (Obviously, if the drivers are loaded, you can see what port it's on.)

Back
Top Bottom