Suunto Gekko - Dive Download ????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rainer:
Did you put the Gekko into PC mode?
Awesome -- I guess if I read through all 19 pages I might've found that info. Or if I just RTFM that Suunto gave me... I didn't think Suunto would've had any info about PC connectivity in the manual. In any case -- thanks!

One of my regular dive buddies has a Gekko. We just did the conversion on it. Now it thinks it's a Vyper (Lite).

I saw "Lite" because the Gekko has no gas pressure sensor on board so it can't collect gas pressure during the dive.

For those who have copnverted the Gekko to the Vyper Lite, remember to mark down the start and pressures on your tanks to be able to calc things like SAC.

Question: Since we are changing an internal flag in the Suunbto software on board the computer, this should be easily detectable by repair personnel if the computer has to go in for service. Is there a "reversal" routine to reset the flag back to look like a Gekko - software-wise - when returning the computer for service?

Clearly, the case could be made that if the flag is set in the Gekko, then you've buggerd around with it, hence Warantee VOID... Nothing is "borken", but it's definitely and measureable changed.

Ian

Um, you've confused the Vyper (also no pressure sensor) and the Cobra (air-integrated). Try actually reading this thread for answers to your questions (all raised and addressed).

Rainer...

Perhaps you've confused scanning with reading.

The point of the thread is that the internal flag in the Gekko is reset to allow it to download to a PC. That reset flag is easily discernable to any dive shop looking at the Gekko for repairs or service. Since the computer has been altered, the case could be made that the warantee is void.

The question, had you understood what you were reading was asking if there is a way to "un"-set the flag that the patch sets.

Next time, be a little more courteous when you post. Manner, my friend, manners.

Ian

Anyone have the final word on "Guage" mode?

Yes, I've read the entire 20 pages :wink: If I missed it, please feel free to flame me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom