Suunto Gekko - Dive Download ????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

USB --> Serial adaptors are cheaply available from online shops for about $10 but you don't really ever need these unless your PC does not have a serial port.

The link for gekko download no longer works, anyone know why or where else this download is available?

"A Program to set parameters on a Suunto Dive Computer by software."

I was going to use this program to more easily setup my computers adjustments, I was just wondering what some of the fields were for?

Byte $2A , Byte $2B, Byte $60

Otherwise looks awsome! I'm going to try it out tonight when I get home!

A friend got hoodwinked into buying a Gekko rather than a different computer. It’s been in the water for over 8 months and has about 30 dives on it – no can take back!

I have a Vytec (and the download cable and software).

I downloaded the Gekko2vyper patch, but cannot get the bloody thing to run. The app responds with an error message: Can’t load SuuntoAPI.dll / Terminating program.

Can anyone give me a clue as to how to get this patch to run and what version of Suunto Dive Manager it needs to work?

Thanks in advance!

Ian Wilson

ianw2:
A friend got hoodwinked into buying a Gekko rather than a different computer. It’s been in the water for over 8 months and has about 30 dives on it – no can take back!

I have a Vytec (and the download cable and software).

I downloaded the Gekko2vyper patch, but cannot get the bloody thing to run. The app responds with an error message: Can’t load SuuntoAPI.dll / Terminating program.

Can anyone give me a clue as to how to get this patch to run and what version of Suunto Dive Manager it needs to work?

Thanks in advance!

Ian Wilson

Hi Ian,

I installed the software. And it missed a CC3260.DLL too, prior to complaining about the Suunto dll.
I installed the CC3260 dll, which is a Borland C++ Builder run-time library. PM me if you don't have that file.
Then it loads the SuuntoAPI.DLL and complains it misses a procedure. It seems to be outdated.

One of two things are happening here:
1) the package contains an old version of the Suunto DLL, or
2) It is possible I already had that DLL, and so the install package does not include the DLL at all. This is *very* possible.

Why is this most likely, well, the package dos not contain the Borland DLL as well, which should be included when building the package in the IDE. Possibly some deployment options are forgotten (non-static build, thus requiring dll's).

What to do? Contact the creator of the package, and tell him that the DLL's are not there. He can be found at http://home.gci.net/~liquidimagephoto/

Regards,

Melle :coffee:

Hey, mello!

Thanks for your help.

I found another link to liquid's site an DL'd a couple of other apps. The G2V app looks like it's working now. I'm waiting for JOhn to bring over his Gekko to give it a try.

Thanks!

Ian

Anyone have any thoughts on what I should do if the Gekko2Vyper program only tells me "interface not detected" ??? The activity light on my USB cable blinks when I try to connect with Suunto's dive manager but nothing happens when I run CIB's home-built program... Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom