Suunto Eon Core

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thankfully Shearwater doesn't do that, nor does it need a massive manual :)

OK, what is GF99... SurfGF's great!

Oh, the other thing was what's the MOD of 28%
(1.4 / 0.28 = 5 = 40m/132ft) The D9tx comes back with some random number like 38.3m -- 'cos you need to have some extra CYA for the hell of it.

Will it let you switch to 100% at 6m, or do you have to break the 6m stop and go up to 5m so the stupid thing will switch?
I like the SurfGF on SW but to be fair it's just a curiosity. Being OC I can get myself from the bottom to the surface without need of a computer, just a timer because of experience. Like you I guess one look at my depth and my brain knows how long my ascent will be inc stops and how much gas I'll use without a conscious calc.

I hear you with the suunto minus a metre on MoD. Again never bothered me since if my MoD alarm was going off I had bigger things to worry about as in a down current.

On 100% I don't recall ever having to go to 5m as it knows 6m is the last stop (it's been 2 yrs since I did a deco and my computer is in an unopened shipping box)

I got miffed at the shearwater stupidity of max Mod of 40M (in "Rec screen" - so 26% would be 40m MoD as woud 21% , unless you went into adv settings (even then I think the limit is set to 50m)

Look I've heard all the arguments as to why shearwaters are the best. I love the buy once cry once one - especially when Perdix was introduced, and a year later Perdix AI, when everyone wanting to sell their none AI Perdix and upgrade (before that AI was deemed on here as not needed etc, suddenly shearwater made it OK. lmao)

I could Dive a Ratio, a Perdix and an Eon, they'd all have their good and bad points. Most people come unstuck because they've not RTFM which is why manufacturers put in safety buffers.

And once more. Running the most aggressive setting of P-2 against 49/95 - there was no discernable difference even on repetitive dives and doing stuff that folk law says would penilase my next dive. Fused RGMB is okay, and I never saw value in having my machines upgraded to Buhlmann. If I were making deep dives or 2km back in a cave I might feel differently, but blue water with currents, no need IMO

It never completely died……it locked out with 4 HOURS of battery left
If the battery is only low and isn't depleted, like a stated it wasn't in my post, there is no data to lose.

You both might have a valid point or may not. Remember the Batt time left is based on current settings - screen brightness can reduce time. On both times it sounds like there's an issue with what the computer was showing to actual batt voltage triggering the memory loss and lockout.

I used to have an insider at Suunto who could get me the detailed info to tech questions but they retired. Suunto also gave up having a presence on here because lots of non Suunto users just slung mud so they left. Just like what happened with Deep 6

SurfGF is interesting. It shows, IMHO, the risk you’d take if leaving for the surface 'now'. So if you need to get out of dodge, you can see how much decompression you’re skipping, or conversely how much you’re extending your final stop.

It’s fun to look at the SurfGF when leaving the bottom.

You both might have a valid point or may not. Remember the Batt time left is based on current settings - screen brightness can reduce time. On both times it sounds like there's an issue with what the computer was showing to actual batt voltage triggering the memory loss and lockout.

I used to have an insider at Suunto who could get me the detailed info to tech questions but they retired. Suunto also gave up having a presence on here because lots of non Suunto users just slung mud so they left. Just like what happened with Deep 6

🤦🏻‍♂️ It’s unacceptable to lock out unless the battery says 0 and completely dies. That’s why I sold them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom