Suunto EON Core dim display?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aceswerling2

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I got a new EON Core last summer and have completed 4 dives with it in the Seattle area. I've observed that the display is rather hard to see because the numbers appear dim and also because there's a good amount of glare on the display's plastic. I turned up the display brightness to the highest level but that was insufficient to improve readability.

I'm surprised to have this trouble in Seattle since daylight is relatively dark compared to the tropics. Has anybody else seen this?

It does have a quite a bit of glare. Turning up the brightness as you did helps- but wont eliminate it. Have you installed the screensaver? It helps a bit but not too much. I've used mine for about 3 years now and had problems with the glare initially but now I guess that I am used to it! Or maybe -and just out out of habit - I hold it at a slight angle when viewing it.

Yes, I installed the screen protection. When I dove on Saturday, I had to cup my hand over the screen to cut the glare. That left the brightness from the display itself and found it was still too dim to read in the remaining daylight. It was a cloudy day and wasn't really light out so I expected the display would be bright enough to read a book with it. What's your experience?

Suunto asked me to send it in so they can check it over. I hope there's a resolution to this or else I'll need to get a different computer. I bought this computer to replace my SP Galileo Sol because I wanted a better display.

Yes, I installed the screen protection. When I dove on Saturday, I had to cup my hand over the screen to cut the glare. That left the brightness from the display itself and found it was still too dim to read in the remaining daylight. It was a cloudy day and wasn't really light out so I expected the display would be bright enough to read a book with it. What's your experience?

Suunto asked me to send it in so they can check it over. I hope there's a resolution to this or else I'll need to get a different computer. I bought this computer to replace my SP Galileo Sol because I wanted a better display.
Send it to them as yours may have another problem. Even with the excessive glare, I've always been able to see the information.

Thanks very much for the feedback. I'm glad my experience sounds different from yours. Let's hope they can fix it.

I got a new EON Core last summer and have completed 4 dives with it in the Seattle area. I've observed that the display is rather hard to see because the numbers appear dim and also because there's a good amount of glare on the display's plastic. I turned up the display brightness to the highest level but that was insufficient to improve readability.

I'm surprised to have this trouble in Seattle since daylight is relatively dark compared to the tropics. Has anybody else seen this?
Yep same. Just turned it up. Goma do. Second dive and go from. There.

Back
Top Bottom