EON Core weird behaviour

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shearwaters customer service is outstanding.

it's been a week since I posted this, and not a single response from Suunto.

If I'm trusting my health and my life to something, I'd prefer it to be made by a company that cares about their product.

Guess I won't be buying Suunto again

If I'm trusting my health and my life to something, I'd prefer it to be made by a company that cares about their product.

You should really be contacting Suunto directly with your question/issue, rather than hoping they are monitoring an informal public forum. You also might need to work through the retailer where you bought the item.

The bloke, Hendrik, who appeared to work for Suunto and monitor this forum has not logged in since Feb 2016. Scubaboard is very hostile to Suunto, it is no surprise if they don't bother reading it.

It sounds like you have an actual failed computer which should be replaced by the dealer. Take it to the dealer.

Scubaboard is very hostile to Suunto,
I was unaware of that, but I can understand why

It sounds like you have an actual failed computer which should be replaced by the dealer. Take it to the dealer.

thanks and yes, it's gone back. I was just trying to avoid the hassle for me, my LDS and to Suunto in case there was something that I had done wrong rather than a hardware failure.

Thanks for everyone's input

as a follow up, I just received my Eon Core back today, (although it's probably been sitting waiting for me at my LDS for a couple of weeks).

Suunto did absolutely nothing about the problem.

Apparently all they did was took a look at the log, said "can't see anything wrong with it" and sent it back.

So I've been without a dive computer for two months, and for nothing. And now I have a dangerous dud back that I don't trust, and I can't/won't sell to anyone because it's a lemon and apparently I have a little more integrity than Suunto.

Add me to the list of hostile scuba-board members.

This is strange. You indicated that you conducted two similar dives. If you load the dives into DM5 do you get any warnings or annotations on the questionable dive? Does the dive profile in DM5 reflect the deco obligation you experienced or anything? Maybe you can post a screen shot of the 2 similar dives you did and those divers who have extensive experience with Suunto (@KenGordon and @Diving Dubai) may be able to review and provide some feedback.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom