Question Suunto EON core FW 3.0.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok. The dive planning for tech dives still requires DM5 and a laptop right?
Sorry for the late response, I was out of town for awhile. That I'm not sure about as I don't do "dive planning" in that capacity on the Core. Maybe someone else knows?

Sorry for the late response, I was out of town for awhile. That I'm not sure about as I don't do "dive planning" in that capacity on the Core. Maybe someone else knows?
NP I think the planner is still DM5 … That means the money saved over a more expensive Shearwater for tech diving is lost (more than 3x expensive than the savings of the cheaper Sunnto) with the need for a windows PC on your dive trips. Else one could use an android or IOS based planner like multiDeco with a Buhlmann based computer. Unless you have a spare laptop lying around… everyone carries a phone or tablet on vacations.. but with a Sunnto, a Tech. Diver has to carry an extra 2 kg (or less if your budget allows a lighter laptop) on vacations… A decent laptop would be in the $800 and above range so the Sunnto is actually that much more expensive for a Tech diver… My 1.3kg laptop cost me $2000 more than 5 yrs back to give an idea…

We have them as well. I asked this question a few minutes ago in a post: has anyone had their fully charged time drop from 19 hours to 14 hours after the update? Ours did. They won't charge past that, no matter how long on the charger/computer. Or is it just me?

We have them as well. I asked this question a few minutes ago in a post: has anyone had their fully charged time drop from 19 hours to 14 hours after the update? Ours did. They won't charge past that, no matter how long on the charger/computer. Or is it just me?
Hello. I just updated mine to V3.0 a couple week ago.
After reading your post above I checked the charge and, FWIW, mine still goes to 19Hs when fully charged.

Hello. I just updated mine to V3.0 a couple week ago.
After reading your post above I checked the charge and, FWIW, mine still goes to 19Hs when fully charged.
I have no problem with reporting fully charged capacity, but during my last dive trip i started with 4h remaining capacity and on 2nd dive EON run out of battery. (Both dives was around 45 minutes)
All data was stored, but D&T was lost after the charge. I didn't realize it, so my next day dive seems missing, but was logged on 01/01/2010 or similar default date.

Where can one find the current time while diving? I have looked all over in the customizations and cannot locate a way to include it. While diving I do not have the time and I need it on some occasions.

Where can one find the current time while diving? I have looked all over in the customizations and cannot locate a way to include it. While diving I do not have the time and I need it on some occasions.
Found the issue, apparently there is no time on the "Prominent" displays. Need to select Classic or Graphics.
Strange but can live with that

Been using EON Core for years now. For me it's the best DC for recreational diving. Decided to upgrade it using Suunto DM5 to latest firmware ( ver. 3.0.1102 ) . This was a mistake! While everything else looks good the behaviour of safety stops has changed in a way that is not acceptable to me.

For multiple dives and on multiple dive profiles I have been getting a "Mandatory stop ceiling error" AFTER i have cleared a "Voluntary safety stop". This example of a dive to "SS Thistlegorm" . Note that I made a much longer (>5 minutes) voluntary safety stop because there was another person in front of me on the dive line and I had ample air left. Here's the dive profile:
Screenshot 2022-11-30 at 12.27.42.jpg

Same thing happens on other dives, especially with some sawtoothing. For example I was clearing a local marina (max depth 9m) and out of ~35 minutes in water I would spend ~10 minutes in safety stops but STILL get "Mandatory safety stop violation" AFTER I ascended from safety stop I had already cleared. Maybe I am ascending from 5m to surface too quickly (especially in the sawtooth dives) ... now I am already watching that I would not move my hand too quickly up-down (deflating BCD etc.) when in 0-5m range. Yeah it's that bad!

This is something NEW for my EON Core and I have not changed any configs - only upgraded it to latest FW. So the new FW is the only thing I can relate this behaviour to. For me this is a pretty big issue.

So my questions:
1. does anybody else experience this behaviour with EON Core? what firmware version?
2. is there some way to configure this on EON Core?
3. could changing the conservativeness (currently running default which manual says is 0) setting on EON Core change this behaviour?
4. is there a way to downgrade my EON Core back to old(er) FW revision?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom