Suunto Dive Manager Software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScoobaDoo

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I recently purchased the USB Interface for my Mosquito and Vyper computers. Problem is there was no Manual on how to use the software. I can call the LDS on Tuesday when they re-open but I have search Suunto's web site and they do not offer a downloadable manual. Does anyone have a copy or know where I can get one?
Please help!

i have a cobra and i believe that the manual is the same. what do you need to know ?
p.m. me at sddiverdude@sbcglobal.net and maybe i can help

Wow. Amazed that Suunto does not provide the manual online. My version is several years old. The books I got did not provide much info so scanning them would not be much help. Maybe the manual for your computer has more info, that is downloadable.

The manual I have for the Sununto Dive Manager is very lame. "place disk in drive, start pgm". I suspect it has not improved since. I would install the software and review the help text if needed. Good chance you will get by without any assistance. My version is not very robust. Basically a way to transfer dives from my computer to a PC to build dive logs and see dive profiles/saturation rates.

Wish I could be more help but the problem lies with Suunto. They could provide more info.

Cheers! - Tom

Have you tried to use SDM already? I am not sure one really needs a manual for this software. Most menus/functions speek for themselves, and you always can get some information from the "help" menu.

And if all fails, Suunto's support is almost as fast as in this forum- you can try both and see who wins :wink:

Any specific problems?

I have been able to transfer my dive data, and I have used the Help menu but It's not that clear to me. It took me 1 hr to change from metric to imperial!
Most of it is common sense, but one question:
Why did my dive log download out of order and how can I sort them? I also don't understand the tissue saturation graph. I'll keep searching.

Again, I appreicate your help.

Why did my dive log download out of order and how can I sort them?

Put mouse pointer on top of the (Name, Date, Dive no, Max depth, etc) Colunm, and click on what ever, like dive number colunm, an it will sort top to bottom. Make sure your slider thing on the side of box is where you want it.

OK, I give up.

Can anyone tell me how to change the Dive Manager preferences (feet vs meters, psi vs bar) in this user-hostile software? When I select my username, the settings box doesn't allow any changes to the defaults, which are all metric.

I'm using v2.3

thanks

from the 'Logbook' window select your log ( likely your name), in the bottom left window ( 'user') click the settings button. Then click on the option you want to change.
if you want psi instead of bar click on psi, it should turn blue, and 'bar' should turn gray.

Oh and has anyone tried F1 for the 'Help' manual yet????????

CIBDiving:
from the 'Logbook' window select your log ( likely your name), in the bottom left window ( 'user') click the settings button. Then click on the option you want to change.
if you want psi instead of bar click on psi, it should turn blue, and 'bar' should turn gray.

Oh and has anyone tried F1 for the 'Help' manual yet????????

Thanks CIB.

Another question, how does one interpret the tissue saturation graph? What does the slow and fast end of the graphs signify?

BTW, F1 does nothing when I press it.

Setting your preferences is easier in version 1.4 or 1.6 of the software. I've downloaded my dives in version 2 also, but only edit my dives in version 1.6 I suppose I'd use version 2 if I had a D9 computer.

Different kinds of body tissue absorb nitrogen at different rates. (fast or slow) During the dive, the fast tissues load quickly at depth. Those are also the tissues that off-gas nitrogen fastest while on the surface. Depending on how many dives, and at what depth you dive one day; you can load enough Nitrogen in your system that even after a 12 hour surface interval you have some residual Nitrogen in your "slow tissues". If any compartments have normal surface nitrogen (0% on the graph), the next dive would be considered part of the same dive series.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom