Suunto Dive Manager Software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I recently purchased the USB Interface for my Mosquito and Vyper computers.

Where did you get the cable? I am looking for one for mine. My LDS said you need to buy it with the computer.

Black Dog:
Where did you get the cable? I am looking for one for mine. My LDS said you need to buy it with the computer.

Leisurepro has them. I got the USB version for the Vyper for the not-so-cool price of $100.

What a ripoff, considering the software can be downloaded for free.

I had a heck of a time figuring out where to change from meters/feet etc etc. The software is not very intuitive. The UI though is a big improvement over the 1.X versions. As for nitrogen saturation, I am kind of suprised that they don't ask for height/weight to provide a more accurate picture, if those factors are relevant.

I have a new Suunto Vytec Deep Stop w/ Transmitter. I was thinking of also purchasing the USB download cable to download my dive logs. But I am not paying $100.00

That USB cable probably cost $3.00 at most.

The software is pretty straightforward to use, you shouldn't really need a manual as it's pretty easy to figure out. Just play with it - you're not going to destroy your PC...

Z...

ocrmaster:
I have a new Suunto Vytec Deep Stop w/ Transmitter. I was thinking of also purchasing the USB download cable to download my dive logs. But I am not paying $100.00

That USB cable probably cost $3.00 at most.
They don't sell you a "USB cable" - They sell you a "Download Interface" :rofl2:
(j/k)

Actually there is circuitry in the download cable that converts the signal from the computer into an USB compatible signal. I'm not saying that it is worth $100...but, you can't use just any cable.

On a related note, has anyone encountered problems with the serial interface with the Cobra? My home computer doesn't recognize the device on any serial port, but it works on my laptop...

Also, for those interested, I have the Uwatec Smart TEC computer and the software for it is far superior. It displays workload, air consumption, temperature, etc. You can also change default settings in the computer, e.g, PPO2 max, alarm configurations, etc. Also, you can input info about the dive site, buddies, equipment, etc.

Similar to Suunto, the manual is non-existant and the cables are very expensive.

ocrmaster,

I may be misinterpreting your post, but I think you are missing Kim's point. The "USB" cable that Suunto sells actually contains electronics (USB UART + some discrete components). It is not just a standard USB cable.

Having said that, perhaps you should try Custom Idea for their interface cable. It is roughly half the price of the Suunto unit and looks like it is a good quality option. The other alternative would be to build your own. Most DIY units were based on RS232 due to the availability of the USB UART chip, but more and more DIY'ers are making their own USB interfaces. Given the choice now (I built my own RS232 unit years ago), I would buy the unit from Custom Idea.

Cheers,

Andrew

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom