Suunto Dive Manager Software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I built the serial unit for my Cobra. No problems yet (touch wood). Sometimes you can get comms to work without the PC "seeing" the interface. Just select the correct COM port and hit Download. I am surprised that your laptop works fine, but your desktop PC has issues with the interface. It is usually the other way round...?

Cheers,

Andrew

ocrmaster:
I have a new Suunto Vytec Deep Stop w/ Transmitter. I was thinking of also purchasing the USB download cable to download my dive logs. But I am not paying $100.00

That USB cable probably cost $3.00 at most.
pssst a PPD sells DIY suunto cables... i tried my mosquito with it and it worked hehehehe

but you've been buying a whole lot of expensive toys already, get the cable na

Jag

Mike Samsen:
On a related note, has anyone encountered problems with the serial interface with the Cobra? My home computer doesn't recognize the device on any serial port, but it works on my laptop...

Also, for those interested, I have the Uwatec Smart TEC computer and the software for it is far superior. It displays workload, air consumption, temperature, etc. You can also change default settings in the computer, e.g, PPO2 max, alarm configurations, etc. Also, you can input info about the dive site, buddies, equipment, etc.

Similar to Suunto, the manual is non-existant and the cables are very expensive.

Does the serial port work with other devices. Try attaching a different device to the port that you're using and make sure that it is working and not disabled. You also might need to connect the cable then reboot your computer. I have seen some serial ports not make a reliable connection if a device is connected while the computer is running. You can also go into System properties to make sure that it is enabled and working.

I have the Uwatec Smarttrak and it is about the same as most any other download software. It downloads. They have so many bells and whistles that are useless that I rarely use them other than to print a dive log page. I have a Uwatec computer that I haven't used yet simply because I haven't been able to totally figure out how to set it, and I'm an electronics tec.. May put it on ebay since I haven't registered it yet.. lol

Thanks. Yes, other devices work, e.g., the Uwatec serial interface. And, yes, I have rebooted with only the Suunto interface connected. The mystery continues.

I'm surprised that you don't like the Uwatec software. The workload, respiration rate, etc. are really helpful for planning purposes. You can easily see how task loading increases gas consumption.

And, IMHO, the Uwatec computer interface is pretty logical. Not as easy as the Suunto for sure (which is why my wife got that one.) But, being able to switch gases mid-dive is a real bonus for deco diving. Which Uwatec do you have? I'd be happy to spend a couple of minutes on the phone with you helping you set it up, if your LDS can't help.

That said, it's clearly personal preference!!

Thanks for the input on the serial port.

shugar

I am out of money na. That is why i need to Do it myself. LOL

I understand there is electronics (USB UART + some discrete components).

I just need the info so I can build it myself.

shugar:
pssst a PPD sells DIY suunto cables... i tried my mosquito with it and it worked hehehehe

but you've been buying a whole lot of expensive toys already, get the cable na

Jag

share the link in PPD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom