Suunto Cobra

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rainman_02:
Leisure Pro is not a Suunto authorized dealer...so no Suunto warranty. Buyer beware.

I called and talked to them at LeisurePro and they said for the products that they are not authorized dealers they match the factory warranty themselfs, he told me there would be a warranty card in the packing with the computer from LeisurePro but, I prey I never need it.

GulfCostdiver:
I called and talked to them at LeisurePro and they said for the products that they are not authorized dealers they match the factory warranty themselfs, he told me there would be a warranty card in the packing with the computer from LeisurePro but, I prey I never need it.

Again it's the store warranty, not the factory. Leisurepro and others have a limited supply of merchandise left before they're totally cut off from scubapro and aqualung. Beware.

I have a cobra. It's a bit too conservative for me. I changed to the Smart Com by scuba pro and I like it much more. It's based on the navy dive tables not the suunto dive tables. My Suunto dive buddies have to stay about 10-15 feet above me so they don't go into deco.

Al Mialkovsky:
Again it's the store warranty, not the factory. Leisurepro and others have a limited supply of merchandise left before they're totally cut off from scubapro and aqualung. Beware.

I have a cobra. It's a bit too conservative for me. I changed to the Smart Com by scuba pro and I like it much more. It's based on the navy dive tables not the suunto dive tables. My Suunto dive buddies have to stay about 10-15 feet above me so they don't go into deco.

LP will continue to sell AQ & SP. The "we are going to cut them off" spiel is nothing but a empty promise to the LDS. All companies know full well who supplies the "non-authorized" retailers. Many companies say they do not sell to these folks-most do. Those who do not sell direct know the retailers who are. LP sells brand new equipment in original packaging. All companies will repair a defective product. They have too. People get products as gifts, from relatives, friends, etc. Shop hard and buy from your LDS whenever possible.

So many times when I have a question I am told to go search for it. Then when I do and its an old thread, someone gets a good chuckle out of it. Ya cant win for losing it seems.

pm3009:
Can the Cobra be found for less than $800?
Anywhere on the Internet that sells them
for less than local dive shops?

Thanks, Pam
pammym@juno.com
I would ask your LDS to match the best price you can find (Don't forget to include shipping and handling, and I will usually go a little bit above that even). Mine does it all of the time for me. They know they have to, or they will lose the business. If your LDS doesn't understand that concept, then just order it online. I just really like being able to take any of my problems (especially problems with life giving expensive equipment) to my LDS and letting them handle it while they give me a loner so I don't have to wait to go diving. Try and get a loner from an online store, while they send your computer in for it to get fixed!

Anyways......back on topic

I have about 20 dives on my Cobra and love it. I had my analogs with me as well to compare against the cobra and it was right on. If the cobra is conservative in comparison to other computers, then I consider that a good thing. I have an aversion to long term nerve damage and decompression chambers. :wink:

Well I thought alot about getting it (cobra) from LP and even after talking to them and them telling me all about their warranty, I'm going to send it back tomorrow unopened and I've ordered it for Divetank.com and got a good deal, computer, compass, Q/D, hard case, and soft case and free shiping for the same prise.

If they'er not a factory authorized dealer, what do they do with the returned units, resell'em?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom