Suunto Cobra

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My Cobra has been returned from SUUNTO - according to them, tested with no defect. Now it makes a hundred "dives" in a pool. Report to follow.
Rick

I just got a Cobra too. Only 12 dives so far. I can't hear the beeps either, except when the one for 30 minutes first went off. It took me a bit too figure out why it was beeping at me, but had a laugh at my own expense over it once I realized what it was.
My only real complaint is that the hose is a bit short. I clip it to a retractor on my BC that naturally brings the hose under my arm. When I extend to look at it, I have to flip the hose outside my arm for it to be comfortable. Growing pains of something different I guess, not really a big thing, but 2 other Cobra owners have *****ed about the hose length to me once I mentioned it.
The computer is cool, but the compass is AWESOME!!! You can almost turn it on it's side and it still spins free. The side window and numbers are so large and easy to see I don't bother looking at the face. This may not be a big deal to you ocean divers, but I live in Dallas and am limited to lake diving for most of the year. By August there's so much algae, 20' vis is something to brag about!

I see a lot of discussion about Suunto's Cobra, very little about the Uwatec computers. Why? Is Uwatec not a big seller in the US?

Can the Cobra be found for less than $800?
Anywhere on the Internet that sells them
for less than local dive shops?

Thanks, Pam
pammym@juno.com

Thanks for the tip about simplyscuba.com .
I'll check them out.

Has anyone done any business with scubainn.com
(scubastore.com)? They have the Cobra for $430
(with the compass). That's almost HALF of what
it's sold for in the local dive shops.

Any problem with scubainn.com if there is a defect
with the computer or a problem? These aren't
refurbished or anything are they? I looked at BCD's
there too, but they are about $200 more than in the
store.

Bye
Pam

Sorry, but I don't know the online shop you're asking about. I have done quite a bit of business w/ LeisurePro. Despite all the negative comments I've read about LP (and On-Line shops in general), I've had nothing but good experiences. You can call them at 800-637-6880 and find out their warranty policies.

The store in question is http://www.diveinn.com

It is located in SPAIN. Therefore all European goods tend to be less expensive than at stores (including online) in the US. Even cheaper than Leisure Pro for Suunto computers (much cheaper).

Many people have had good experiences with diveinn. Just do a search on http://www.google.com and http://www.groups.google.com

Shipping to the US is reasonable and very speedy from all reports. Being in Canada, I would buy from there before buying from Leisure Pro (mainly because of their shipping policies).

The Suunto stuff there is new. The Suunto stuff at most places in the US caries very high distributor and dealer markups. Just look on eBay to see how low the prices are for NEW items compared to most dealers. Take the Stinger watch for example. $400 and change to $515 for the rubber band with computer link in metal case compared to over $800 at most other places (online).

diveinn also has a bunch of stuff that you may have a hard time finding elsewhere, such as suits by Mares, etc.

Bruno

pm3009:
Thanks for the tip about simplyscuba.com .
I'll check them out.

Has anyone done any business with scubainn.com
(scubastore.com)? They have the Cobra for $430
(with the compass). That's almost HALF of what
it's sold for in the local dive shops.

Any problem with scubainn.com if there is a defect
with the computer or a problem? These aren't
refurbished or anything are they? I looked at BCD's
there too, but they are about $200 more than in the
store.

Bye
Pam

I just ordered one yesterday from LeisurePro,a Cobra w/compass and Q/D for 599.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom