surgery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dementid

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
ello all looks like i am going in fri morn for surgery but will prolly need some assistance getting to and from it have to be there at 7 am and should be able to go home around 10 am. any one able and willing to help me i am in the garland/mesquite area and the place i need to go to is about 10 min from me. if able let me know and i will pm the info

oh the woes of being single and not having any famil in the area cant get a needed surgery done because no way to get home they wont let me drive, take a cab or a bus.

Can't help you, dude, but it is standard to have someone stay with you for 24 hours after anesthesia. You also can't drive, sign wills or make any important decisions for the next 24 hours. They should have explained this to you long before now. Do you have a neighbor or a co-worker who can help out? If all else fails, hire a visiting nurse or a sitter.

dementid:
ello all looks like i am going in fri morn for surgery but will prolly need some assistance getting to and from it have to be there at 7 am and should be able to go home around 10 am. any one able and willing to help me i am in the garland/mesquite area and the place i need to go to is about 10 min from me. if able let me know and i will pm the info

Sorry I can't help, but have you tried the DART hospital shuttle?

And I'm curious, why won't they let you take a taxi?

they say someone has to be with me to take responsibility that i get to my destination alright or something like that and with a cab or bus that cant be sure that i make it to my destination or in what condition. plus they are also saying someone has to be there the duration of time from 7 am till about 10 am.:banghead:

guess i get to hire a home health agency to help me out if i can find one.:mad:

made it home surgery went well.

Glad to hear things went well...Speedy recovery to ya!

Back
Top Bottom