Newbie to ScubaBoard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aport68

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi there everyone. I am new to the SB. I have been diving since the 90s and mostly along the California coast. I live in Bay Area and mostly explore the Monterey dive sites for now. Most of my diving, however, was in Southern California -- San Diego/Coronado Islands, Catalina and Upper Channel Islands. My favorite international trips include Roatan and Okinawa. Hoping to do more international trips next year.

Also, I have had a long-time interest in photography. I started with an Olympus Tough camera many years ago. I now shoot with a Sony A7C and Nauticam housing. Admittedly, this is a main reason for signing up. I just upgraded the camera to the A7CR and hopefully get the Nauticam housing to go with it soon. My favorite lens is the Canon 8-15 fisheye. Anyway, I'd love to hear insights on best lighting to go with this package.

At some point soon, I will try and add some of my pics!!

Glad to be here and look forward to learning from you all.

Thanks. Alfonso

Welcome aboard! You will find a lot of information through use of the search bar, or posting/browsing in the forums matching your needs and desires.
Can't wait to see your pics!

Dude what are you like at taking shots of purple urchins

I didn't make one of these humble introduction posts.

Happy had a great idea,
How are you at video?
Would you be into gopro-ing us gathering up urchins in Sonoma Co?
Or, we could always use another urchin diver?

Happy had a great idea,
How are you at video?

Happy had a great idea,
How are you at video?

Hi there. I'd be happy to shoot video and/or cull urchins. When and where?

Hi there. I'd be happy to shoot video and/or cull urchins. When and where?
You can go to Instagram to P.U.R.P_707 and I post upcoming dives and also related pics and video’s there. You can also contact me via PM here and give me your cell number and I’ll put you on our text alert list for news, information and upcoming dives, or go to the PURP Purple Urchin Removal Project page right here on scubaboard in the Marine Science section and I post stuff there and also in the Norcal section, and also go to: www.sealswatersports.com and sign up for their emails which alerts you to fun dives and the urchin dives are listed there.
The next Urchin dive is coming up this coming Sunday November 19th at Stillwater Cove in Sonoma County.

Thanks for the info. I am new to SB so still cannot DM anyone. However, I signed up for dive notices on the sealwatersports website. Thanks again!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom