Surface supply One breath hookah.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another opinion, your lungs don’t feel pain. If they over expand, you will not necessarily know it until it is too late. A blown lung, as I understand it, is not easily fixed. You aren’t going to do a chamber ride and go home that evening. You can die from drowning in your own blood. My suggestion is to continue your collecting as a free diver and save up for used equipment would be far safer. You seem to be willing to accept a lot more risk for a very small return.

Another opinion, your lungs don’t feel pain. If they over expand, you will not necessarily know it until it is too late. A blown lung, as I understand it, is not easily fixed. You aren’t going to do a chamber ride and go home that evening. You can die from drowning in your own blood. My suggestion is to continue your collecting as a free diver and save up for used equipment would be far safer. You seem to be willing to accept a lot more risk for a very small return.

How great is the risk,how small is the return?..Just because I'm not a Card Carrying Scuba Guru,that does'nt mean I can't manage the task of simply exhaling, when standing back up? Do I need a Course for that?.......Thanks for your Opinion.
stoneshirt.

How great is the risk,how small is the return?..Just because I'm not a Card Carrying Scuba Guru,that does'nt mean I can't manage the task of simply exhaling, when standing back up? Do I need a Course for that?.......Thanks for your Opinion.
stoneshirt.
I didn’t say you couldn’t do it, and few people worry less about carrying cards than me. The benefit of a single breath seems pretty minimal. If you are only operating in a few feet of water, it would seem to me you can snorkel and surface dive without a contraption that you have to drag around and hand operate. If you are going more than a few feet, a single breath won’t be enough air to offset the hassle, drag and risk to bother bringing it. It always seems simple when you describe it, the reality is usually different. If there was a practical use for a hand pumped single breath device, it would probably already be on the market.

The reason there aren’t is two fold. First, there are thing like this that show up on go fund me all the time. They never actually work, the few that get sent out are universally described as crap. The second reason is the liability if someone does get it to work and hurts themselves is so costly these companies disappear. Final lesson? Limited value and not particularly safe.

I’ll wish you the best of luck and hope you keep us posted with your progress.

Hello.
Thanks for the input CT-Rich.
That Card Carrying Jab was'nt so much directed at you.Someone posted a good subject."Tired of Naysayers"..
It's obvious to me,after reading the responses of People here,that Wing-Suite/Cliff Jumping would be considered High risk/and Low reward for some.Those that never intended to "Walk the High Wire"....

I'm all over the Websites for Metal Detecting,Water Hunting.Many have expressed their problem of hunting Chest deep and recovery of Targets.I FIND,THAT WITH ONE OR POSSIBLY TWO BREATHS More,That I could Fan and recover a Target.Without leaving the Bottom.Only to return to find the Hole sanded in....Low Rewards? How about a $16,000 Dollar Emerald Ring?...

I never had the Idea to produce this AID, for the Market,only for solving MY personal problem of recovery.(180cc lung capacity)..It fills a small Niche,I have never seen such a Device anywhere on the Web.I think it's "innovative" in it's concept..
I have no SUV,or Sailboat,I walk to the Beach,and do not relish the Idea of carrying a 100 Pounds of Gear...
stoneshirt.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom