Surface markers required?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

None required and really none are necessary however they may be a good idea when diving the more southern sites, say salt pier south. There are more and more sailboarders using that area and they can be dangerous. They haul rear in the shallows and don't pay attention to much of anything but their kite.

No, but we were on a drift dive in Aruba this week, and 3 of our group drifted WAY far and it sure was helpful that they had a safety sausage!! Waves were large and they were hard to find! So, at least have a safety sausage.

Thanks all,

It's our first trip to Bonaire and I just didn't know what the boat traffic was like around the island. From your posts..... it appears that the boat traffic is nothing like it is around Cozumel! My local lake is even worse.

Yea man it certainly can't hurt, but have a wonderful trip, let us know how it goes.

Unlike a lot of places the boat ops on Bonaire take divers seriously. The marine park rules require idle speed until the boat is in blue water, well off shore. There are few private boats except in the marinas. I don't recall ever seeing a boat even remotely close to shore or a jet ski anywhere. Boats are not really a concern, the kite boarders are a different matter but at least they stay well down south.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom