Line Markers and You!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone seen "3D" line markers in a cave ?

I'm cave 1 certified and just have plain flat "2D" white arrows and cookies. But with the advent of printed 3D custom printing I would expect there would be more shapes like pyramid, fingers, pistol, etc.
( I can hear the DIR folks smashing keyboards now )
would be fun to try and carry a whole bunch of those

My piggy tail has 2 sections separated by a knot. One section has only 1 marker - the next one I'll be using. When I need to place a marker, I reach out for that one, use it. Then I move another marker up, so it is easy to get it out the next time.

My piggy tail has 2 sections separated by a knot. One section has only 1 marker - the next one I'll be using. When I need to place a marker, I reach out for that one, use it. Then I move another marker up, so it is easy to get it out the next time.
but aren't you doing the same action but twice ? ie taking one off your pile and instead of putting it on the line your putting it back on your bungy

I don't use line markers. I just scratch arrows in the cave walls or follow my fin prints back out.
have you tried a slow leaking bottle of dye?

but aren't you doing the same action but twice ? ie taking one off your pile and instead of putting it on the line your putting it back on your bungy
So technically you'd touch the same marker twice. Think of it as preparing for emergencies and having one market easily accessible on standby at all times.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom