Surface Marker in Curacao required?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@RIHappyDiver @rhwestfall One more question then I think I'm sorted--I'm completely new to shore diving hence the ignorance.

Since I am diving with Dive Bus, instead of driving I can just ride the... Bus right? Maybe I don't need to worry about keys? I guess I will be doing my own beach/snorkeling excursions so I guess will need something.

@RIHappyDiver @rhwestfall One more question then I think I'm sorted--I'm completely new to shore diving hence the ignorance.

Since I am diving with Dive Bus, instead of driving I can just ride the... Bus right? Maybe I don't need to worry about keys? I guess I will be doing my own beach/snorkeling excursions so I guess will need something.
They will take you to some spots and that may be good to give you an overview, have you contacted them to see what’s on the schedule?

We dive with them on the package that is called "guided dives". It includes the van, gear storage, snacks/lunch/water (you get a labeled cup to use with the water jug) and 2 dives per trip (2 at the destination). When you depart the shop, all valuables can be left at the office which is staffed. I've literally left my wallet with them. Cell phone too. There are also storage cubicles/shelves in the compound we have left other items.

I'm surprised they never implemented a "lock box" in the vans...

We dive with them on the package that is called "guided dives". It includes the van, gear storage, snacks/lunch/water (you get a labeled cup to use with the water jug) and 2 dives per trip (2 at the destination). When you depart the shop, all valuables can be left at the office which is staffed. I've literally left my wallet with them. Cell phone too. There are also storage cubicles/shelves in the compound we have left other items.
Thanks! That's exactly what I wanted to know. I'm also doing the "guided dives" option as I'm solo and need a partner.

I’ve never used the Dive Bus because we stayed in Westpunt. It sounds like that parts been addressed.
The Dryfob and phone containers are something that we use for shore dives, whether in Curaçao, Bonaire or here in RI. I would never put my phone in one of those pouches, but it’s great for I’d and cash. Won’t matter too much if the bag fails with that stuff.
The Dryfobs are fantastic! I have been to 95’ with no hint of a leak.

I'm surprised they never implemented a "lock box" in the vans...
I just stopped by the shop to do my waiver (diving tomorrow), and they said they do indeed have a lockbox in the van! She said nothing more than keys and phone, and it's attached to a seat so a thief could theoretically remove the seat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom