Surface Interval Scuba Closing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, it was a great day, pure and simple. Lots of people I had not seen in awhile, lots of people I had, and all around a very joyous day. Even though we moved a lot of inventory today I just kept digging out more and restocking. It's unreal what I have managed to pack into that little space. I am just going to keep going until it is all gone.

I also want to address a few items:

1) I am not in poor health
2) I am not moving out of state
3) I am not giving up diving
4) I am not getting another job
5) I am quitting the travel business also
6) I am not selling my inventory for less than what I paid for it, don't ask.

What will happen to me?

1) I will spend more time with my husband
2) I will eat dinner at 5:30 or 6pm like normal people
3) I will work out
4) I will ride my motorcycle
5) I will go scuba diving and use my underwater metal detector
6) We will form the SI Scuba diving club ( no dues, no meetings, no rules, just diving)
7) I will spend more time with my mother
8) I will take care of my step daughter
9) I will still post on Scubaboard...y'all better look out, PC Debraw is gone.

Well I hate to see it go but you need to do whats right for you.

I will give you props for listening to your customers, providing, and bending with the industry.

You didn't see the internet as "evil" and you put up with people like me, props for sure.

Courtney will be upset so I'll have to be sure to stay in touch with your instructors!

Debraw:
Well, it was a great day, pure and simple. Lots of people I had not seen in awhile, lots of people I had, and all around a very joyous day. Even though we moved a lot of inventory today I just kept digging out more and restocking. It's unreal what I have managed to pack into that little space. I am just going to keep going until it is all gone.

I also want to address a few items:

1) I am not in poor health
2) I am not moving out of state
3) I am not giving up diving
4) I am not getting another job
5) I am quitting the travel business also
6) I am not selling my inventory for less than what I paid for it, don't ask.

What will happen to me?

1) I will spend more time with my husband
2) I will eat dinner at 5:30 or 6pm like normal people
3) I will work out
4) I will ride my motorcycle
5) I will go scuba diving and use my underwater metal detector
6) We will form the SI Scuba diving club ( no dues, no meetings, no rules, just diving)
7) I will spend more time with my mother
8) I will take care of my step daughter
9) I will still post on Scubaboard...y'all better look out, PC Debraw is gone.

I'm really glad to hear all these things, but I never knew #9 existed :wink: Seriously, though, I hope I still get to see you at CSSP from time to time. I can never see too much of my friends. It was nice to meet someone in the business that really wanted to do things right, and cared about divers. It was even better after I got to know you and found out what a wonderful, caring person you really are. I'm honored to call you a friend, and wish you and Troy the best, because you deserve it. Just don't be a stranger :10:

I have updated the shop statement on the website....

Stay tuned for the next chapter......​

Troy and I are moving on and looking forward to some diving, riding motorcycles,
taking time with our family and just in general moving on with the business of living.​

All currently scheduled classes including open water, advanced open water, rescue and Divemaster candidates will continue uninterrupted. The shop is a PADI facility, insured with a full staff willing to address all concerns and classes.
Troy and I want to a make a point that we are not going out of business because we have to, we are going out of business because we want to. There is a difference. We will honor all commitments. If you hear anything different from anyone else please call me directly on my ( Debra) cell phone at 817-988-6508.
If you are interested in taking over the location or general business inquiries on the furniture, computers, office furniture, compressors, etc. Please feel free to send us an email. You can try and call but to tell you the truth the phones are already jammed and I am only one person with a ton of stuff to take care of.
We have several offers on the table and we will be reviewing them all on a case by case basis and make a decision based on our lease commitments, what's best for our staff, our customers, and suppliers.

Debra...

Having owned several businesses I can tell you walking away is never as easy as it sounds... Your business is a member of your family and saying good-bye is very very hard...

On a much lighter note... Where are the prom pics?... I am sure we all want to see...

Best of luck...

Charlie

Sorry to hear you are shutting down, Debra. I hate to hear it every time another local scuba shop has to shut its doors. Good luck with your future endeavors and thanks for all the good times in the store.

Ouch. I better get my repaired console back from ya before it gets sold. :D

Sorry to see you go!

Debraw:
We have several offers on the table and we will be reviewing them all ...
That must be some table. :rofl:

I hope the sale goes quickly and with the minimum hassle and I look forward to your continued presence on the board.

Willie

Well Tammie and myself hate to see you close as we are so new at this and im sure we could have spent several thousands of more dollars with you over the next few months (heheheh) We are very happy to have met such GOOD PEOPLE as we did we we entered your shop !! I know we will see you a few more time before you can clear all the tables off and many more time at the dive park and i hope to get to go Motorcycling with yall in the future.
Enjoy your new status in Life and stay safe.

Mark & Tammie Perry

Well, look who just joined the swamp!!!! Mark and Tammie. We are going to have to initiate you out at CSSP very soon.
Wow, another incredible day at the shop. We have had so many people come by. It's really unbelievable. I restocked and I am ready to hit it again tomorrow. 9AM-6PM .

Back
Top Bottom