Superbowl pregame show, Jupiter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadada

Diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I failed to get out in Boynton Beach and Jupiter this morning. Luckily, I got out this afternoon with Jupiter Dive Center. First dive was on Area 29 and there were Lemon Sharks with us for the entire 45 minute dive. Hard to count how many, they just kept circling and coming back. Now, this is a shark dive!

Second dive was on Tunnels, visibility fell but there were a countless number of turtles, a couple Goliath Grouper, and a least one Reef Shark.

This has any pregame show on TV beat cold, and I still made it home for kickoff. Thank you Jupiter Dive Center

-------------------------------

Not to rub it in, but there were only 6 divers on the boat

I failed to get out in Boynton Beach and Jupiter this morning. Luckily, I got out this afternoon with Jupiter Dive Center. First dive was on Area 29 and there were Lemon Sharks with us for the entire 45 minute dive. Hard to count how many, they just kept circling and coming back. Now, this is a shark dive!

Second dive was on Tunnels, visibility fell but there were a countless number of turtles, a couple Goliath Grouper, and a least one Reef Shark.

This has any pregame show on TV beat cold, and I still made it home for kickoff. Thank you Jupiter Dive Center

-------------------------------

Not to rub it in, but there were only 6 divers on the boat

What was the water temp yesterday?

Thanks for the info on water temp, scubadada!

2 more dives with JDC this morning. Area 29 is still packed with Lemon Sharks, they were with us for the entire dive. Did Capt Kurle's on 2nd dive, many turtles, a couple of Goliath Grouper, several very large Green Morays and the usual reef fish. Water temp 74 degrees, visibility 40-60 feet. Windy but sunny for the SI, still a boat coat for me

How long do the Lemon Sharks typically stick around. I know this is when they usually migrate through. I was hoing to make it up there before they leave.

2 more dives with JDC this morning, only 4 divers on the boat. It rained like crazy on the drive up from Boynton Beach but essentially didn't rain while we were out, not terribly windy, and mild seas (looks like tomorrow and Saturday will be an entirely different story). Water was 73-4 degrees, vis 40-60+ feet

Dive 1 was on Area 29 again, fewer Lemon Sharks but with us most of the dive as we spent at least half the dive with Lemon Sharks, Nurse Sharks, and a very friendly Goliath Grouper in a single small area. I would swear the GG was lonely and wanted to play with us, seemed sad when we finally split when we ascended. Great dive

Dive 2 at Tunnels, lesser if two for visibility, many turtles, quite a few Goliath Grouper, several large Southern Rays, several Reef Sharks and a couple Nurse Sharks. Very good dive

Thanks again to JDC for a stellar morning of diving

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom