Super wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nic160

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was wondering if anyone could give an oppinion/experiences on the Dive Rite Super Wing ? Or good or bad oppinions on the classic wing. I've never owned any Dive Rite equipment and was considering buying a new wing.

I have used the Dive Rite Super Wing for all of my trimix diving, and now for my rebreather work. I've had mine for quite a few years now, and it is still in great shape.

I really like the safety factor of the redundant bladders and inflators. At 350+ it is a great psychological comfort, if nothing else.

It is a great piece of kit! :D

Bigjetdriver69,
Thanks for the input. I was wondering if you've ever experienced any of the problems of gas bubbles getting trapped in the bladder due to the bungees ? I know that on the dive rite they don't go all the way around the bladder like the OMS wings. I figured this would eliminate that problem. Any input? Thanks Again.

I have never experienced any problems with trapped gas. Just as with any wing, avec or sans bungees, I may have to roll a little bit (more like just shift my shoulders) to even out the gas bubble, or to more efficiently dump, but this is usually when at a very shallow depth. Deeper, with more gas in the wing, it is not noticeable. In any case, it has never been a "problem".

I like having a back-up bladder and inflator. I keep both plugged in, incidentally, and use Tobin George's new little collars on the quick disconnect to make that job super quick if necessary.

Rob:D

Just a quick note, I dive 104's and use the Classic wings. I can dive those wings with a semi dry on. The have enough lift to suit me fine. My friend uses the Super and he loves them. All of my gear is made by Dive Rite.

I also dive the Dive Rite Classic and think it is a fine performing wing. I did replace the pull dump with a plain elbow, went with a shorter corrugated hose, and cut off that ball on the rear dump.

Nic160:
I was wondering if anyone could give an oppinion/experiences on the Dive Rite Super Wing ? Or good or bad oppinions on the classic wing. I've never owned any Dive Rite equipment and was considering buying a new wing.

I have the Classic Wing, I use it to dive my double 85, but have used it to dive with as large as double 121s with no problem. However, with 121s, 2 stage bottles and a canister light I was a little overweighted.:D

Over all I have been very happy with the wings.

Thanks guys. I decided to go with the classic wing. Went diving on Thursday with my 108's very happy with my purchase. I appreciate all the info/help.

i have both dive rite, and oms wings.. i find ther both excellent products..
my oms wing is the 100 lb lift with redundant bladder.... and ive never had issues with air being traped.. my dive rite wings are smaller, but ive never had any issues with them either....
good luck
Ray

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom