Super tired after diving.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would just take a nap.

Other than the great suggestions above, maybe get your ticker checked?

I'm rather happy that the anecdotal nitrox thing hasn't yet been overly blended into this.

Are you Captain ....... PacificBell Oakland Cal. 1994??
:)

That would be "Crunch", he used the plastic whistle provided in the namesake cereal box. More like 1972. The "whistler" was a pitch perfect blind guy. Just seizing tandems, direct trunk access, primitive phone hacks.

Later, much later, came the 300 baud acoustic? 1981. I had me one, thermal printer, nice. I still have a Motorola (analog) Brick Phone, 3 Watts, no head cancer yet, always can get a cell tower. I use it when I want to hear what someone is saying.

Don't feel bad. It's normal… Here is what I can share with you based on my own experience (which isn't much ..lol) . Barring any medical conditions all the below could very well be at play.

1. Fitness level - mine is average and I can tell you that Scuba Diving is tiring -- meaning everything it takes before getting into the water.
2. Tension and Stress - pre dive- enough said. It will ware you out !
3. Excess finning - inefficient diving once in the water.

I can tell you that for me all the above were issues when I started and although all have gotten much better #1 continues to be somewhat of an issue at times. The best suggestion I can give you is if you are not already in good shape get there. It will make a huge difference. Started working out, losing weight, and incroporated swimming in my work out regimen and its made a big difference. You will become more efficient at diving in time as you progress. Best of luck..Safe Diving ! George

Last edited:
Mark me down too under "felt wiped out after 1 dive as a new diver". Driving home in a warm, sunny car after a dive and trying to stay awake at the wheel was absolutely excruciatingly.
I also used to have slight muscle aches along my shoulders and the length of my arms, which I think were from the prolonged (30-40 min) exposure to cold water (wetsuit at 7-14C). I got over being tired after the first 6-12months, in the meantime a midafternoon nap was a standard part of a dive day. The muscle aches also went away even though it look me couple years to find the cash for a drysuit.

I can't help but think that a liveaboard would have been a heck of an exertion back then. Might have even lost weight on a dive boat because I wouldn't have been able to stay awake for 1/2 the meals.

Gee, maybe I should try diving wet all winter as a new diet plan...

HAHAHAHA you are so funny: "I use it when I want to hear what someone is saying"

No cancer yet, but wait for 4G, brain tumours guaranteed within 5 years or less...

(sorry for hijacking the thread)
I would just take a nap.

Other than the great suggestions above, maybe get your ticker checked?

I'm rather happy that the anecdotal nitrox thing hasn't yet been overly blended into this.

That would be "Crunch", he used the plastic whistle provided in the namesake cereal box. More like 1972. The "whistler" was a pitch perfect blind guy. Just seizing tandems, direct trunk access, primitive phone hacks.

Later, much later, came the 300 baud acoustic? 1981. I had me one, thermal printer, nice. I still have a Motorola (analog) Brick Phone, 3 Watts, no head cancer yet, always can get a cell tower. I use it when I want to hear what someone is saying.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom