Super Bowl Dive - Lake Laguna

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mccabejc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm looking at the Laguna webcam, and it's absolutely gorgeous down there. The water is absolutely FLAT. Not a wave to be seen. I just have to dive it. Of course I was REALLY looking forward to diving there today, but....

Anyway, on Sunday, while everyone is glued to the tube watching two teams I don't care about (well, one I hate, the other I don't care about), I'll be diving Laguna. Anyone want to join me?

I have only one thing standing in my way Sunday.....my wife. Like you I could care less football. But let's see what develops tomorrow.

LSS is now saying "10-15ft+" at Shaw's (today at 1pm). Wow, talk about conflicting reports. I'll have to go check for myself. That's all there is to it.

Jim, Shaw's yesterday afternoon (Friday) was like 4-8' viz. POOR Not sure about today. Cress was good with 8-20' depending on what side of the Reef you are on. BTW, what happend to you last weekend? I thought you and the family were coming to La Jolla Shores??? My friend brought his kids, but turned out to be the only kids there. Oh well....we had fun just the same.

OK Jim.

Where are we doing our Super Bowl Dive tomorrow?

And at what time are we meeting?

I'm ready to go!

Christian

Diver_Jan:
Jim, Shaw's yesterday afternoon (Friday) was like 4-8' viz. POOR Not sure about today. Cress was good with 8-20' depending on what side of the Reef you are on. BTW, what happend to you last weekend? I thought you and the family were coming to La Jolla Shores??? My friend brought his kids, but turned out to be the only kids there. Oh well....we had fun just the same.

Yeah Jan, I saw the waves on the La Jolla webcam and the predictions for big surf and decided that we'd stay local.

As far as tomorrow Christian, I forgot that Myrna has to drop me off at home after we're done and head north, so Laguna would save a whole lot of driving time compared to Marineland. I'm thinking we can meet down there and check the various spots and see how things are. I've never done Cress before, and if it was about 20 ft. viz then that might be a good deal.

jim,

If you want to dive cress, just remeber the following things.

1. bring Quarters. $0.25 for 15 minutes, with at 3 hour limit.
2. There is parking for exactly 10 cars or less.

I dove the third reef last Wednesday with Sean, had 5-8 feet of visibility, but still a good dive. This site is probably a one tanker though.

I have resolved the issues with the wife and will be diving tomorrow. Where and when?

Christian, how about Marineland at 8:30? Melvin and I talked about Laguna, and I doubt it will be nearly as good as we had today, so we'll just bite the bullet and make the drive. You in?

mccabejc:
Christian, how about Marineland at 8:30? Melvin and I talked about Laguna, and I doubt it will be nearly as good as we had today, so we'll just bite the bullet and make the drive. You in?
ooh! Ooh! Can I come??? Can I can I? Jim and Christian, If you're going to Marineland at 0830 Sunday, I would love to dive with you! Post?
Thanks,
Claudette

HBDiveGirl:
ooh! Ooh! Can I come??? Can I can I? Jim and Christian, If you're going to Marineland at 0830 Sunday, I would love to dive with you! Post?
Thanks,
Claudette
I'll be at Marineland at 8:30am. Going to bed now. See you there!

Christian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom