sunnto mosquito

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

got new ones free of charge. although if you do a search on the scubaboard you will find others who have not been so lucky.

the computer would be on (displaying time; watch mode) but would only go into dive mode mid dive.

i'd get the stinger, D6 or D9 if you want a watch computer made by suunto.

I'm with Vicente, and use a Gekko. Big buttons, big strap, and most of all a big bloody screen are very important. These advantages aren't just for weaker eyes or crappy vis, but they're dang near necessary for teaching purposes. I was thrilled when I saw how much FLATTER the Gekko is from the older Vyper I used to use. It's really not all that much thicker than a Mosquito, now that I think about it.

Although as others have said the Mosquito is somewhat large to be wearing as a regular wristwatch, but I see folks doing it anyhow. Which can be a problem, as people tend to forget they're wearing an expensive dive computer. I know at least one instructor who got careless with his "everyday wristwatch" Mosquito and broke it as a consequence.

They're not bad computers, though. And they DO make outstanding conversation pieces at the coffee shop or bar!!:coffee:

I have two for sale in the Gear section, if interested. :eyebrow:

They are nice dive computers. I did find, however, that I wasn't comfortable wearing one to work. I would worry too much about breaking it accidentally. It's not like it is a $50 Casio.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom