Sunnto Flow restrictor for AI Transmitter?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pearlman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey Folks,
So I plan to get the Eon Core with AI Tank Pod in the coming month. I chanced upon this item on the Sunnto website : suunto-flow-restrictor . Do I need to buy that as well? Or is it already integrated in to the tank pod and this is just a spare?

1644933165542.png

It is provided with the tank pod.

It is provided with the tank pod.
Hmm ok. None of the online pics for tank pod sales show the flow restrictor accessory. So then I have to take it to a service center to have it installed? That’s silly - what if I decide on a dive trip that I want to switch to using a 6” HP hose for my AI?

The flow restrictor is supplied with new transmitters. One is for mounting directly to the first stage (mushroon head) the other is for a short hose option. The restrictor is part of a tech service bulletin to prevent blowing the transmitter as pressure is applied when opening a tank. You do not have to get the flow restrictor, actually this part is available for free to Level I service centers and it is a free modification for older tank pods/transmitters.

These parts will come in a small bag with the transmitter and need to be installed prior to using the transmitter.

You can install it your self. This is not suunto specific, most of the tank pods from different brands come with 2 types of restrictors. One of them is for direct attachment (short one on the picture you shared), that is if you screw the transmitter directly to 1st stage the other one is if you use a high pressure hose. I would not use it without restrictor. I do not undestand the language here but images are clear enough:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom