Sunnot Gekko ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Captain CaveMan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I was wondering, is does the Gekko go into lockout mode if you do not fallow its deco calcuations? (By lock out I mean No depth and dive time. for the rest of that dive and the next couple of dives that day. ) I was wondering if I should by a nother BT or use the Gekko for backup BT and just ignor the Computer Calcuations.

My Gekko Owner's Manual says it will enter the "Error Mode" if you ascend above the displayed decompression ceiling for more than 3 mins. Once in Error Mode, it stays there for 48 hrs.
However, the manual also says that while the center display shows "Er" (instead of NDL time, or stop/deco time, ceiling/floor arrows, etc), the other displays are supposed to continue normally, ie, depth, max depth, bottom time, and temp should still be displayed. The Planning Mode is disabled in Error Mode.
I haven't tested this! Just reading it from the manual...

Yeah I have one. It locks you out and you're SOL for a couple of days.

But does it still show you depth, dive time, Temp on the dive that makes it go to ERr and on the repeditive dives?
I just want to use it as a backup bottom timer

I've never bent a Gekko to find out how it works, but I'd be open to trying (with some help). Unfortunately, it'll be at least a few weeks before I can get that done. That's not much use if you're in a hurry, but if the question is more academic, I can certainly find my way to an answer.

(Between my backup, a Gekko, and the Gekkos of several friends, I'm sure I can have one available to try.)

Thanks I would not realy need to know till may. Im sure it will work fine but till some one finds out. Im going diving on Feb23 and the boat is a tech boat so I might find out sooner.

Back
Top Bottom