Summary: Who actually makes which dive computers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drbill

The Lorax for the Kelp Forest
Scuba Legend
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I thought it might be nice to have a single thread that describes which manufacturers make dive computers that are then private labeled by other "manufacturers." This could be very useful information for those looking for a particular dive computer which may be unavailable from the original manufacturer. Please feel free to post any information about dive computers sold this way, and also list any differences between the private labeled units and the ones sold by the actual manufacturer.

Example: I love the Dive Rite Nitek Duo for its simplicity and display readability. Mine was recently stolen and the unit is no longer manufactured. I found that the Zeagle N2ition, IST GP-3000 and the Tusa IQ-700 are "equivalent" dive computers. Apparently they are all made by Seiko.

I love the nitek duo as well - and - the IST GP 3000 has popped up on a lot of sites for 259 - 299. I might order another one before the are gone. From what I understand - it is the Nptek Duo, Zeagle n2ition, IST GP 3000, Cressi Archmiedes II (same computer although a different body that does not fit in the same DSS mount), Apeks Quantum, Tusa DC Hunter 700 - and possibly others. All the same SEIKO made computer. For ease of use, potential for growth, ability to switch gas - and overall simplicity - I dont want anything else......

Agree. I really loved my Nitek Duo. I am surprised that more people haven't posted here about equivalent computers of other types. Of course the "manufacturers" (private labelers) may not want us to know this. However, when I can no longer get a Nitek Duo, but can obtain the equivalent computer in another brand, I like to know this.

I thought it might be nice to have a single thread that describes which manufacturers make dive computers that are then private labeled by other "manufacturers." This could be very useful information for those looking for a particular dive computer which may be unavailable from the original manufacturer. Please feel free to post any information about dive computers sold this way, and also list any differences between the private labeled units and the ones sold by the actual manufacturer.

Example: I love the Dive Rite Nitek Duo for its simplicity and display readability. Mine was recently stolen and the unit is no longer manufactured. I found that the Zeagle N2ition, IST GP-3000 and the Tusa IQ-700 are "equivalent" dive computers. Apparently they are all made by Seiko.

Good idea Bill. perhaps it might help if we put this in the form of a chart/table. Anyone who wants to add one can reply to the last table and add the new information.

I'll start with the ones you listed.

[table3,3]Manufacturer | Model | Made By | Equivalent Computers
Cressi | Archmiedes II | Sieko | Tusa IQ-700, Dive Rite Nitek Duo, IST GP-3000, Zeagle N2ition
Dive Rite | Nitek Duo | Sieko | Tusa IQ-700, Zeagle N2ition, IST GP-3000, Archmiedes II
IST | GP-3000 | Sieko | Tusa IQ-700, Zeagle N2ition, Dive Rite Nitek Duo, Cressi Archmiedes II
Tusa | IQ-700 | Sieko | Zeagle N2ition, IST GP-3000, Dive Rite Nitek Duo, Cressi Archmiedes II
Zeagle | N2ition | Sieko | Tusa IQ-700, Dive Rite Nitek Duo, IST GP-3000, Cressi Archmiedes II
|||[/table]

To add a new entry, just add entry before the [/table] line like this

Tusa | ab123 | test123 | example123

Copy his post, and then what he said to do should be screamingly obvious in what shows up in your copy . . . .

- Tim

Back
Top Bottom