suitcase wheels for cylinders

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cra2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
First time I watched my wife try to haul her dive bag and her two tanks from the car, I thought to myself...
"why don't they have little 1-2" wheels built into the plastic foot of the cylinders just like they have on luggage?"
Then, you could just tip the tank back and drag it behind you, if you were too tired/weak to lift it.
And they'd be so small/light/cheap, they'd just be integrated into one side of the plastic foot that's already there.

Has anyone seen/built anything like that?
If not, what's the best system for hauling all that gear from the car to the boat/water and back?

thanks

Looks like the "tank cart" wouldn't be too hard to make. A bit of PVC pipe and glue, tank strap and wheels...away we go. Might not be a bad idea for those shore dives but I don't think I would use it for a boat.

Unless the path to wherever you're going is nice and flat and smooth, using a two wheeled handtruck is a pain. If you have the room, one of the heavy plastic yard barrows works well, again only if you have a good path.
Its easier to put the tank on, then carry the other stuff.

MD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom