Suitable First and Second Stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Slym

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So I am looking to get myself a doubles setup and I am doing my research into new pieces of gear I'll need. I will be taking an Into to tech class this summer and I want my gear to be suitable for tech diving, as far as I understand that means oxygen acceptable gear.

I currently have the Zeagle Envoy package as my first and second stage, it is good to 40% o2. I think the Diverite brand should be okay as it appears most of their things are accepting of o2, is it a suitable brand for where I want to go with my diving?

As well since I will have two different brand 1st stages I'll be diving them both at the same time until my budget allows me to get a matching first stage, is that a wise idea or should I wait until I can get both first stages matching?

Matching regulator "brands" is a style consideration. Most all regulators are "accepting of up to 40% O2." Is someone trying to sell you something?

If you put an environmental seal on an Envoy, it becomes a DS-5 which is a highly regarded (according to some magazines) regulator.

Last edited:
you may want to consider getting a doubles set and if your envoy is din, getting that o2 cleaned as a deco reg.

If you are happy with the Zeagle buy a couple more of them. The main reason to continue with the same brand is for part kits if there are issue at the dive site.

So you could pick up a single new Zeagle go with your Envoy. Then buy the other to match and as said O2 clean the Envoy for a deco reg.

Yeah, you may as well stick with Zeagle.......unless some one has convinced you there's something better that they just happen to be able to get you a great deal on.

Matching regulator "brands" is a style consideration. Most all regulators are "accepting of up to 40% O2." Is someone trying to sell you something?

If you put an environmental seal on an Envoy, it becomes a DS-5 which is a highly regarded (according to some magazines) regulator.

Interestingly, the military Conshelf 14, according to Aqualung, is only to be used with air, it uses a different diapghram, filter washer and backup washer, of course easily remedied. The military conshelf uses a white split back up washer, a nylon filter washer and a black diaphragm, it also uses a different black hp seat, the Conshelfs and later older Titans using a steel filter washer, grey diaphragm and black concave back up washer, according to Aqualung, can be used with Nitrox up to 40%. But yes, agree, most.

Last edited:
Zeagles are now manufactured by Atomic at the Atomic factory in CA, in case you're concerned about their quality since Zeagle was bought by Huish.

Back
Top Bottom