Suggestions for Weight Trim Pockets that can be attached directly to Backplates (to fit between BP and Wing in a SINGLE Tank kit)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just band straps. The wing has this built-in stabilizer thingy...
View attachment 767321

Are the trim pocket straps going to block the slots where the tank straps are passed through? If both go through the same slots, then the tank bands pass through first and then the trim pocket strap hoping that the slots are wide enough for both?

At any rate, please let me know how it works out for you when you get yours. Based on what you tell me, I am going to have to order these pockets from Dive System. I need them before my trip to Aqaba at the beginning of March for the U/W photo competition.

I can't wait for you to get yours and try them :)

Are the trim pocket straps going to block the slots where the tank straps are passed through? If both go through the same slots, then the tank bands pass through first and then the trim pocket strap hoping that the slots are wide enough for both?

At any rate, please let me know how it works out for you when you get yours. Based on what you tell me, I am going to have to order these pockets from Dive System. I need them before my trip to Aqaba at the beginning of March for the U/W photo competition.

I can't wait for you to get yours and try them :)
It looks like it will work out perfectly. To show you, I just threaded a piece of 2" webbing through it, which lines up nicely with the holes in the backplate. The webbing used in the DiveSystem unit is a bit narrower than 2", I think, so there is even more room.
20230201_125634.jpg

20230201_130010.jpg

That is a pretty easy fix with a little elbow grease
You need some tools too, which I also don't have. If your plate doesn't have those extra slots, I would go for a different system. Judging by this thread, there are several options.

You need some tools too, which I also don't have. If your plate doesn't have those extra slots, I would go for a different system. Judging by this thread, there are several options.
I would recommend you go a different direction, but I seem to sense a tool.

As far as adding a slot with tools, I suppose a dremmel would do the trick with aluminum. Stainless steel would likely be a giant pain.

It's easier to make a strap and use trim pockets.
Or just get an 20$ ali express weight plate.

As far as adding a slot with tools, I suppose a dremmel would do the trick with aluminum. Stainless steel would likely be a giant pain.
You can cut SS but I would think if you use a SS plate just getting a thicker plate would be easiest.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom