Suggestions for Weight Trim Pockets that can be attached directly to Backplates (to fit between BP and Wing in a SINGLE Tank kit)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Best option that I am aware of is the Helium Dive Fly System but it’s designed to work with the holes in their plates so that is out.

Here's one, a sack

59 013 (6).JPG

some lead

60 032 (4).JPG

Do you like it

088.JPG

I do

I use four Hollis 5lb Trim pockets directly on my Helium titanium plate. They have a double hook and loop attachment as shown in the picture. They might work for your needs.

IMG_8603.jpg
IMG_8604.jpg

I opted for the DiveSytem one myself, because it keeps the travel weight down (I'm gonna put it on an aluminum backplate), but can accommodate all the weight that I would need right on top of the backplate. Just by putting in standard lead blocks or soft weights in the pockets. I'm going for a balanced rig, by the way. If I would want ditchable weights too, I could always attach a pair of weight pockets that go on the waist belt.

1675246938149.png

I opted for the DiveSytem one myself, because it keeps the travel weight down (I'm gonna put it on an aluminum backplate), but can accommodate all the weight that I would need right on top of the backplate. Just by putting in standard lead blocks or soft weights in the pockets. I'm going for a balanced rig, by the way. If I would want ditchable weights too, I could always attach a pair of weight pockets that go on the waist belt.

View attachment 767319

This may very well work! I have an Alu. plate I am going to be using for travel and it is important that I can adjust the weights easily. Bolting the actual weights to the plate isn't a solution but this may work if the straps don't impede the tank straps when going to their respective channel slots.

This may very well work! I have an Alu. plate I am going to be using for travel and it is important that I can adjust the weights easily. Bolting the actual weights to the plate isn't a solution but this may work if the straps don't impede the tank straps when going to their respective channel slots.
I'll let you know. I ordered the DiveSystem system and it should be delivered today. I'll post some pictures too if I manage to install it. I am going to use it in combination with the Tecline Donut 15 wing and alu backplate.

I'll let you know. I ordered the DiveSystem system and it should be delivered today. I'll post some pictures too if I manage to install it. I am going to use it in combination with the Tecline Donut 15 wing and alu backplate.

Are you going to be using an STA or just band straps?

Back
Top Bottom