Suggestions for Weight Trim Pockets that can be attached directly to Backplates (to fit between BP and Wing in a SINGLE Tank kit)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zip tie a belt pouch using the outer slot and 2 perimeter holes?

Bolt both plate together, if the slots line up. I just ordered the alexi one to try out.

Zip tie a belt pouch using the outer slot and 2 perimeter holes?

The blue is the belt-attachment loop on the back of a trim pouch. Red are zip ties.

1675181005970.png

Or you can go old school...

does the xdeep spine pockets only have one hole? the apeks wsx might be better in that case. not sure how comfortable it would end up though.

1675216014573.png

How much weight are you trying to get on the backplate?

I went through this scenario. I am leg heavy and wanted to get all my lead off my belt. I used 3 aluminum rivets and washers on each side of the fabric to attach each of 2 three pound weight pockets to the upper plate on each upper outer corner. I used available holes and slots and didn't need to drill anything.

My warm water aluminum plate set up is just this, 2 three pound weight pockets attached to upper plate and 2 five pound weight pouches to upper cam band. (The 5 pound pockets actually hold 6 pounds of lead). I have a wing with stabilization bars and I do not use an STA.

So I have the potential of putting 18 pounds up high and get a perfect weight distribution.

Well when I went to the trouble of attaching the weight pockets to the upper plate I was using 17# with a 5mm full wetsuit in salt water.

I am a relatively new diver 2 1/2 years and I now use 11 pounds with this set up and don't need or use the weight pockets attached to the plate. I just stick the weight in the upper cam band pockets. The one I put 5 pounds in I can reach back and release the weight if I need to ditch weight.

There are soft "plates" like this

I friend of mine uses one off ali express and it works like a charm for him.
This is what I have on one of my SideMount BCDs and it works great. You can easily trim left/right/forward/back as needed. I think I got the "hollis sms" branded one at a steep discount, but the ali-express ones look identical.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom