Suggestions for "underwear" to get in and out of wet suit easier

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Landlocked123

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Years ago I started wearing a rash guard under my 6.5 Mares Isotherm semi dri. I found it really helps slide the thing onto my arms and back. i have not found a solution for the bottom. Any suggestions out there?

Years ago I started wearing a rash guard under my 6.5 Mares Isotherm semi dri. I found it really helps slide the thing onto my arms and back. i have not found a solution for the bottom. Any suggestions out there?

Akona Skin Suit. My Wife says it makes it very easy to get her wetsuit on.

A dive skin solves that problem nicely. https://www.amazon.com/NeoSport-Wetsuits-Sports-Skins-Medium/dp/B003554ETA
My LDS sells that brand skin for $35 each, so I use a couple. I got them to make wetsuit don/doff easier when diving cold water. In warm water I sometimes dive in just the skin instead of in shorts for the protection from jellys and the like. One time it saved me from some nasty stings out in the gulf - my instabuddy was just wearing shorts and had a very bad day.

Compression pants found in any sports store.

Just take a gallon sized ziplock bag and put it on your foot... You'll slide right into that suit like you're coated in butter. Slip it off and into the other foot, rinse and repeat. Also works on your arms if they give you trouble.

That neo sport skin looks very promising. Anyone ever used it and can you confirm quality ? does it hold up? I dive every weekend 7-8 months out of the year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom